Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's all Greek to me, yogurt that is..and simple joys..



Meet Miss Tassie....isn't she lovely? 
We had a crochet pot holder swaparoo,
my friend Pat in Tasmania & me..Miss Tassie is what Pat crocheted for me, isn't she a darling..and she sits atop my beloved 
kitchy cupboard...

simple joys...they are the best...

I like to show her off..here in this picture she sits on a basket,
but if you look closely at my kitchy cupboard...you'll see Tassie..

were going to do another this year....:)

Why not stop over and visit Pat...see what she's up too...
It will be a lovely visit...I promise you
tell her I sent you, she'll be tickled.


&

From the Kitchen...



Greek Yogurt..it's all the rage now. I particularly like it when  I put it in a lovely parfait glass with just a bit of chocolate sauce in the bottom.  I've learned over the years to fashion up my own greek yogurt at home. I've made this countless times at our homestead and my boys & even my not so health conscious husband like it.

So..here is all you do....

I buy 2 large cartons of regular non flavored yogurt.

You'll need a large bowl, a mesh strainer and coffee filters.

You'll line your mesh strainer with the coffee filters so the yogurt doesn't sive through, but the liguid does, and drips right into the bowl. You can make this in one day very easy. And it will yield 1 container of  Greek like yogurt after all the liquid is removed.  

This goes great with homemade granola...mm mm good...


Have a great day....


2 comments:

pattas said...

You are a sweety Faith, thankyou so much..
I am also making a jug cover with a chook ontop should be interesting :))
Love greek yoghurt and home made muesli..
Have a great day :))

Michelle said...

What a lovely gift. I had no idea Greek yogurt was so easy to make.