Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Nothing says lovin....


Like something from the oven!
a feast for the eyes...
now this is eye candy...


To bad we don't have scratch n sniff...the aroma of these filled the old
homestead with simple joy.  These were just out of the oven when
I snapped this picture.

The recipe for these nothing special....I use this as a bread recipe also sometimes, and was my go to for a long time, and still use it especially for rolls a family favorite.

The Recipe...
 1 1/2 cups water ( warm-med hot)
1 tbs yeast
3 tbs oil
2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
3 1/2 cups flour ( + - )

Into the large mixing bowl, goes the water, yeast , sugar..and a portion
of the flour about 1 cup...cover and let the magic happen about 1/2 hour
it should be really frothy bubbly....

Then add the remaining amount of flour, mix let rise about an hour depending on all the variables weather, humidity...if you bake, then you
know these are always present and they change things up a bit.  

Pinch off a bit and roll into balls and place in a circle on your baking sheet, let rise to double, bake 350 20-25 ovens vary so keep an eye...

On the Crochet Front

My current crochet project of the Thanksgiving Angel is almost complete,
I'm waiting on a delivery of pumpkin orange thread yarn from
Aunt Lydia yarns.  Only needed 1 ball, couldn't find orange around anywhere I looked, so much easier to just order it, saves me time,
gas and my poor old legs... Once I get that, I can work on the pumpkins
and she is about done...So pretty. Once I get her all done, I'll keep this one for me, but I'm already starting on another one for my Etsy shop
to be added in the late spring early summer..I may have 2 done by then.

Hopin Along today it's Friday...
Farmgirl Bloghop over @  Deborah Jeans Dandelion House



9 comments:

Michelle said...

The rolls look heavenly. Will be trying this recipe.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Yum! On the rolls. Hmmm maybe I need to bring over some spiral cut ham to eat with those fresh, hot rolls? And a spot of tea, too.

Oh, I can't wait to see your fall angel. :)

Sending hugs and blessings your way dear friend. :)

Sea Witch said...

I would so love to meet you on the sands of Sanibel Island. Used to go there as a child and still have all of the shells I carried away from the shores. This was back before the bridge from the mainland was there and we took the ferry across. It was so beautiful back them with very few hotels and no traffic lights.

Charlotte Huffman said...

Yum! My weakness is bread! Especially yeast rolls. Can't wait to see your crochet project.

Snowcatcher said...

You made me drool all over my keyboard!!! :)

Faith said...

Cmon over there's enough for all of us, smather it with some butter, and have a cuppa...

daisy said...

I can almost smell those lovely rolls!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Those rolls look delicious and seem pretty easy to make. Nothing better than bread fresh from the oven!

Visiting from Farmgirl Friday :)

Faith said...

Thank you all for stopping over, and enjoying some warm bakery with me, over a cuppa and good friendship.