Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, February 4, 2013

Early Spring? You don't say?

As I write this, I can hear outside the snow plow pushing several inches of partly cloudy off the street. It has been snowing all day, not the fierce snow that the winter can bring in a fury, but rather the big flaked snowglobe winterwonder, which can deposit just as much snow but in a more gentle fashion. And then, there is the groundhog which I eluded to in a previous post something about early spring as opposed to 6 more weeks of winter...Really now?

My DH took these today at the Nature Center, he drove me to work, there was a program about bird banding, so the boys came along also. They catch birds gently in a large net, and place a small band around their leg to track them. They caught 5 today, 3 of them already had bands.





This is a red bellied woodpecker here at the suet feeder..taken through the glass.


1 comment:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

The snow looks pretty, but I know it's a horrible mess to drive in. So glad your Hubby drove you to work. You all stay safe and warm.

Blessings to you and yours always dear friend. :)