Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, February 25, 2013

Springtime ... it's coming...


These  geraniums are from last summer, I've always heard that you can bring them round again, and have never tried it before...watching pennies and being frugal , and why throw something to the compost bin if it can produce again?  I trimmed them back in in the fall, took them to the basement, and covered them with a paper bag.
Just for giggles I thought I would check on them about 2 weeks ago, and there were two itty bitty leaves
on them, and each day I see the wonder of their growth. I have a scented geranium there in the back,
I hope it comes back, I didn't do the same with it...
I saw some ground bulbs coming up at the nature center yesterday...about 3" tall...the ground hog...
he was spot on this year... 

Wonderful day to you all....

2 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Good for you! I just know they will bloom and provide a splash of lovely color for you.

I love geranium's. Not only are the flowers pretty, but the leaves are so lovely, too.

Blessings to you always dear friend.

Michelle said...

They are going to be beautiful when they bloom