Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pallet "Flower Bed" Blast from the past

Since Spring is coming upon us, I thought it would be a good idea to revist a past posting, reusing and renewing using old pallets.  I had been on the search for pallets, and all I could find were the large,very heavy ones, I knew they wouldn't fit in the car. One day taking my boys to school, it happened to be a trash day, pouring down rain.. Lo and behold someone had put this potential beauty on the curb. I didn't have time to stop and pick it up, and hoped I would beat the trashman....when I rounded the corner
there it was...I scooped it up and it fit in the car perfect.....
It was meant just for me to have it.....

A


Side pieces were added, the headboard & footboard are the pallet...

added to the headboard/footboard are fence post, you can get a pack of them at your Home Depot.
A little paint and wha-la.....
This is my little " Flower Bed " with beautiful Zinnias which grew from seed last year, I saved
the seeds and hope that they will take again....Don't they look lovely and vintage? 


Read more...look here...
&
hooking up here too...


5 comments:

Dorothy M., Va. said...

Love the idea ans your pretty flower bed.

Faith said...

Thank you for stopping and taking a look see Dorothy...:)

pattas said...

Now that is something special:)) very cleverly put together.. :))
hugs pat :))

Kateri said...

That is such a lovely idea--and the zinnias are so pretty. They always look a bit old fashioned I think. :)

lil red hen said...

This is simply charming! I love seeing unusual additions to flower gardens.

Leaving the light on for you