Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Vintage Mason Jar repurpose

We received 18 years ago from my husbands grandmother, her mason jars, and there were a few Atlas ones in there, and a couple of the light green ones, I was beginning to do some canning at that time, and will again, but haven't for a few years. Anyway...I always like the Atlas ones. So when I saw this project on

maple grove place


We took a ride out to our local feed store, we live in a highly populated area, but just south of us about a 15 minute drive is country...this is our 2nd visit to this feed store, which used to be a mill, the water from the Ohio/Erie Canal still runs there.  It isn't a beautifully landscaped place, no new building, or fancy curtains...it's a feed store....has character and charm all on it's own merit. Anyway, I knew they would have the other componet for the special candy dish I wanted to make...and they did...I suppose I should show the picture here...and then explain...
The bottom portion is a chiken feeder, galvanized steel..they came in an array of different colors in plastic, 
but I liked this one..   3 bags of Brach's jelly beans are in here, I could have put one more I suppose..
I think this is simple and charming, and a great way to reuse the Atlas canning jar...


And I'm Blog Hoppin!

&

13 comments:

Hugbuggal said...

Adorable - thank you for sharing!

Faith said...

Thank you for stopping over..welcome..

loves2spin said...

Faith, if I am going to email you my address - for the garlic seeds, I need YOUR email address!

glor said...

What a sweet idea ... jelly beans are my favorite in the whole world and this is just great using these jars. You always have such wonderful projects and ideas. That's my sweet sister!

janice15 said...

It's really cute I think. who'd a thought...Happy Sunday..blessings with love Janice

Lisa Lynn said...

What a cute idea! Found you on Farmgirl Friday and I would love to have you share this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop today!
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/the-creative-homeacre-hop-5.html

Lisa Lynn said...

Hi Faith!
Thanks for stopping by my blog Little Homestead on the Hill to explain your mason jar idea :) I actually host The Creative HomeAcre Hop on my other blog, The Self Sufficient HomeAcre. Here is the link if you would like to link up!
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/the-creative-homeacre-hop-5.html

I love your blog and the post on local food is great!

Charlotte Huffman said...

I remember using these to feed the chickens! Better use for them with candy!

Beansieleigh said...

How CUTE!! And every once in a while my father will pick me up and say "Wanna go to the tractor store with me?" (which has all kinds of farming supplies as well).. So I'll have to see if they carry these chicken feeders!... Hope you're enjoying your weekend, Ethel! ~Lucy

Faith said...

You have all made my day with all these lovely comments....Love ya!

Dolly Sarrio said...

Hi Faith, Please come on by Hibiscus House and get your featured button, your wonderful post is up and thanks for linking with Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop...
http://hibiscushouse1.blogspot.com/2013/03/farmgirl-friday-blog-hop-99.html

Lisa Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing your talent on The Creative HomeAcre Hop!
Our next party goes live Sunday morning at:
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/the-creative-homeacre-hop-6.html

If you have a blog hop, please check out The Linky Love Party...a place to share your parties with other bloggers! Grab the button for an easy way to search for parties every week!
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/lets-party.html

Faith said...

Thank you all, isn't it fun to share?