Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, April 4, 2013

In the kitchen today...Chocolate Eclair Cake & chit chat

Have your attention yet?  I thought so..

No topic inparticular today ma darlin's...my computer is acting the fool and I have no idea whether or not I will get this posted, but I press on. Do you watch PBS in your neck of the woods?  Have you ever watched the Create channel? We don't have cable, never have, but with the Create channel there are cooking, gardening,woodworking,painting, you name it they have it. Check it out if you've not ever before.  Last night I watched Cook's County...and they made chocolate eclair cake-wow! I stopped at the store after I dropped my son off at school, and picked up a few items needed to make this lovliness, all from scratch...it should  make some happy faces on my bunch today...one doesn't feel well, and the other is still learning to drive the 53' truck....an adventure...we are in week 3 of  5.... 
 
 

 
Chocolate Eclair Cake
photo: cooks country 
 
Have you ever tried Brown Cow Yogurt?  Oh my!

How now Brown Cow?



photo: Brown Cow- see he is so cute....I want one...and shall name him Hershey
 
 
Go here, and read all about that. My husband brought this home one day for me to try...because it has a cute brown cow on the front....but really this is good stuff..go here brown cow and read about the Brown Cow difference..
 
Have a beauty, I'm off to make the pudding for the eclair cake....
go there. really go now..and read all about this lovely....:)
 
 

5 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh I love the Create channel. In my neck of the woods they also have Knit and Crochet now on it on Thursdays at 12:30pm. Check your guide and see if they also carry it in your neck of the woods.

Yum on what you are making. Cook's Country has a lot of yummy stuff.

Hugs and blessings to you always dear friend. :)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Oh yes we love Brown Cow yogurt! No, never heard of the Create channel but it sounds like fun one to watch. I don't think my cable company carries it.

Vikki Hooks said...

Yummy.....

pattas said...

Oh gee thats sounds to good.... please save me a piece :))
We have a lot of cooking shows.. I'm loving my kitchen rules at the moment..
Weekend coming up so i am hoping for a little sunshine... Hope you are too :))
Hugs pat in tas :))

janice15 said...

You can't get the recipe unless you sign up for the free trail copy..but it make you go through to much to do so.. :( I love brown cow yogurt..Janice