Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you

Friday, April 26, 2013

Painting moving my brush!

 
I've always had an interest in painting.  Years ago it was ceramics, and then I painted a few things with oil paints, I stopped only because financially it got expensive. Over the years, my interest never really wained, I just did other things and didn't have the time or ambition to continue. Donna Dewberry came on the scene and I was mesmerized by the ease with with she paints beautiful cabbage roses..
.Not so much when I paint, but I am practicing. I've began to dedicate an hour or two daily to practice because this is something I want to learn to do. Bob Ross, bless his sweet heart painted beautiful landscapes, I have his starter kit too..easy peasy when your watching...so I need to stop watching and move the brush!
I found this magazine at the grocery store....
Cover
Look at those Zinnias! 
 I'm going to try my hand at these.
.I need to find the perfect something to paint them on.

4 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh Faith, those Zinnias are amazing. I can't wait to see what you paint them on.

I love watching the re-runs of Bob Ross, I love how gentle his voice is, he seemed to be such a kind person. I just adore his, "let's give him a little friend" he'd say as he painted another tree next to the one he just painted.

I've seen Donna Dewberry's shows. She makes it look like its so easy, but I know it's not. I tried doing her double loaded brush, and it does work, but it takes lots of time to master.

I am so looking forward to your new adventure.

Prayers being sent out for your Hubs not only pass his test, but get a 100%.

To God goes all the glory forever, Amen.

Blessings always dear friend.

Vikki Hooks said...

You go girl. I am anxiously waiting for you to post a pic of one of your paintings..saying a prayer as I type that your hubby passes with flying colors..

Faith said...

:) Thank you ladies....I'll be over to visit...and thank you in person..:)

Michelle said...

Prayers being sent your way.