Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I've been moving....my paintbrush this day

Remember I told you all that I long to paint, I feel it me and therefore I must learn..not the easy part..And so that I practice hopefully each day or a couple of times a week.  It's like anything else you do, you need to get your own special style and little nuances which make your work yours, done it with crochet too..that is the artist in all of us.
And while I would  lov to paint like Bob Ross or Donna Dewberry, I must paint like me..I'll find my way eventually.
Today I decided I would paint something I saw in a painting magazine which I found at the grocery store.
The Zinnia's are in there too, and that is to come.  This " looked " rather simple, and I gave it a try. And while it doesn't look exactly like the magazine picture does it have to?  No. not any more. I'm going to paint like I crochet
MY WAY....)  Frank would be proud no? 
 
It isn't finished yet, when it is dry I will trace out the other components and finish it up....
 
Stay tuned for the rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say...
 
 
It looks like an egg frying in the pan here...but I can assure you
it is a sky and clouds...more to come...
I've got a busy brush....!
 

5 comments:

pattas said...

Well done :)) I am proud of you .. Look what you have achieved today ?? :))
I think it looks like a sunset to me.. love it the way it is..So cant wait to see it completed...
Have a great day :))
Hugs pat ..

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

OH I love it! I can't wait to see what you paint next. :)

Blessings always dear friend.

Faith said...

Thank you ladies for stopping and for your lovely comments..

Vikki Hooks said...

Good for you!!! I have always thought I would like to paint, but my sister is the artist and everytime I tried as a child it got compared to hers so I just stopped. Things done to you as a child seem to always stick with you. I think your painting is wonderful.

Faye Henry said...

Good for you, Faith.. I have been getting the painting itch myself. smile.. Can't wait to see the finished product..Blessings..