Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Round and Round Ripples

Darn it! I'm not sleeping again...I'm finding myself hardpressed to do what I am supposed to do, let alone anything else.
I've done nothing in the garden. I ordered 2 tomatoe plants & 1 basil from Burpee this year, and they have notified me they are on the way. I still have garlic in my little patch, not ready to go yet..and the neighbor gave me onion bulbs to plant..
 
I know, I'm not finished with at least 3 other projects, no make that 5 that I need to finish up and pack away for the craft fair in October.  I find that I don't like to crochet for a deadline and I put alot of uneeded stress on myself.  I have 3 of the towel toppers completed.  I need to finish up the Thanksgiving Angel, and I'd like to make some lovely Christmas Ornament Covers yet.  Micheals said they won't have the ornaments until July... 
 
I'm thinking something ripple....now Oh Bother!  I know I'm behind the curve on this, but I saw the most delightful purse somewhere in the blogosphere which inspired me..but I didn't mark where I saw it... I"ll remember I said, yeh sure!
Just as well, I have enough going on with the craft fair items. Maybe I'll find it again. I did a google search for it and didn't find it, but found a really lovely round ripple ghan that I liked, but found no pattern for it.  It is slightly different then those you usually see around the blogosphere.
 
patternsda.com

 
This is so pretty, thisone below is what started the whole sha bang..
with the round ripple ghan....a stunner also.



http://manycreativegifts.blogspot.com/2012/10/now-thats-color.html
the pattern isn't here, I'm not sure where it is..but I think that I can figure it out, it is a variation on a them, and I've been crocheting a long time...
 
 


http://trinketcrochet.blogspot.com/2012/01/8-pointed-round-ripple.html
Oh well, be Blessed this day with joy and happiness...

4 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Hope you get back to normal sleeping again. :)

Ok, if you figure out how to do the 2nd ripple, I want to know! That is super cute. I see where the points look to be created on the 27th row? Or is that 26? I see they are made up of four white clusters, then three, then two. Hmmm. Let me know what you come up with. This is awesome.

Wishing you a day filled with many blessings dear friend.

Mary said...

So sorry about your not sleeping. I have that problem. I think it runs in my family. I just can't seem to get my mind to shut off. I hope it gets better really soon. Love those round ripples. That first one is stunning. I would love to make something like that, love the colors also.
You have a wonderful evening and rest well! Hugs! Mary

Faith said...

Dear Mary, I wanted to stop and visit with you again..but I cannot leave a message at your place. It says I have to be a member of your blog. Thank you for stopping by here, it's always a pleasure.
Hugs for you...too..

janice15 said...

Just wanted to drop in and say helo and I saw this beautiful things that you made...the colors are pretty...Hope all is well ...with love Janice