Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, June 9, 2013

I want to remain..me thank you

Internet photo
 
I'm sitting here having my morning cuppa.  While I still do
check in, and paruse around, I'm not participating in the posting part to much
and frankly am not reading alot either. I'm wondering why, what has happened.?
I get more comments annonymous then I do from followers, is anybody reading
anymore..or are we hopping around to get everybody all in, because we have
so much to read, there is no time to write a comment? Really?
 
I think back to when I first started this, the joy and anticipation of posting, and
getting comments,or followers, meeting new friends...My very first
commentor was Sandy Sandy's Space,Stitches and sometimes Silliness, we still
converse today, it was the crochet which drew us together. (Do stop by and visit Sandy).
 
I suppose Blogger is the same as any other neighborhood, with the age old problem
of keeping up with Joneses. And whether we even realize it or not we taken up
in the worldwind that is blogger. There is just to much info, to many  links and way to much to read, to many bloghops,
too many blogs which group together,when one posts they all do, and you have
multiple postings , it to much clutter.
 
It is big business now, the little mom & pop blogs being pushed aside for
more advertisers,followers,pinterest,blogger,facebook, google +,  and the what have you
conglomerations taking over to have more and more of facetime on the blogs.
 
So, what do I do? I've always like the simple, and that's where I headed. 
I'm going to be going over my blog not to redisgn it, but to re evaluate who it is
that I am choosing to have space at my place,
 I've wondered off the path of why
I blog, but have found my way is the more simple way as I've always said, this is what works for me.
 
It is about the interaction , the connection I must have with someone I choose to follow.
 
The Criteria
keeping it simple, no bells, no whistles, what is the  blog teaching me, how
can I benefit from it in my own life, the blogs I follow must have a connection to me
on some level, your interest must be mine, or I do not follow. Is it real, genuine,
and with an honest approach to help or share, count me in!
 
 Blog Hops, are great but how many can you participate in? Really?  Being more selective.
 Since Mom & Pop are struggling for their place, then I too must be more selective, because
there is more competition for blog face time...I'm going to make sure
I am in the right place for me..
 
I wish you all peace as you go your ways...

14 comments:

Vikki Hooks said...

I know what you mean, comments aren't being made, but if I go to my stats, people are reading my blog. I know I haven't been doing this as long as you, but the air is changing. I think with facebook, pinterest, and all the other social sites are keeping us antisocial and turning some into what I call lurkers. Lurkers, people who read your stuff, and disappear with out you know they have been there. Anyway I hope you consider me the right place for you..at least time to time. Blessings always..

Faith said...

You Betcha! The Lurkers, I have them too..but no comments? What's up with that? People don't have time...there is too much going on in the virtual..losing track of themselves and everybody else too... Thank you Vikki for taking the time from time to time to pop over...I consider you a keeper!

Therese said...

wow, I am one of those people that read blogs and don't comment. I am so sorry. I love reading blogs and seeing what people are crocheting and I guess I should comment. So many of the bloggers do wonderful jobs at crochet, knitting, cooking etc. and your right letting them no that or just commenting would be awesome. I am most definetly going to comment. I have problems knowing what to post on my blog. It always seems to be the same thing over and over. Well thank you again for opening up my eyes.

Dorothy M., Va. said...

Guess I'm a lurker. I don't have a blog, but love to read the blogs of others. There are so many creative folks out there that I'm amazed. I have tried to comment before and the comments never appear, so have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Betty said...

I have had the same feelings over the years myself. It is like we are in high school and all the popular people are taking over. So many old friends have left blogging and it is sad.

Faith said...

Dorothy, get a blog girl, and share your stuff with us all...Thank you for commenting...

Deborah Jean at Dandelion House said...

Hello dear Faith,
This is so touching and " real "... I think you are on to something here...Sometimes I think there is too much clutter in blogland too. that being said, I am addicted to all the inspiration I see on various blogs and Facebook, pinterest etc...I guess one answer is to just go where you feel welcome and inspired.. and if you feel that way, let your blog friends know it by leaving a comment! Happy Blogging...:)
Deb

pattas said...

Hi there Faith.. It seems I have been neglectful in my duty as a blogger :((
I do read as you would know, and don't always leave a message... It isn't that I don't want to, it is that there is so much to read...:)) I blog hop... maybe if we had a box we could tick just to let the blogger know we have been and read....would be a small solution to the problem..

I love your blog.. love reading what happens etc... So I will be hanging around for a while yet..:))
Hugs to you dear friend Pat ..

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I hope you know you are always welcome over at my place any time dear friend.

Blessings always

Sandy said...

I religiously go through my blog log to visit my peps, I never visit a blog without leaving a comment. I often even leave a 2nd comment if the person hasn't updated. I return every comment, but you can't return visits if you don't know people were there. I do get a little upset when folks clearly haven't read the post and only leave information about themselves, or their blog. But, I keep going...like the Everready Battery, lol. I do enjoy blog hops and lately have alter the ones I'm visiting...sorta gives you a different view when you see some other blogs...some I like, some not so much. The google+ things has ruined some long standing blog relationships because it keeps people from being able to comment without joining. Facebook is faster then taking time to write a thoughtful post. I do visit and chat a bit on facebook, but still prefer the deeper connection one can make with blogging. I remember when we first met...the crochet might have been the connection initially, but we share other characteristics. And with that long...good grief comment, I popped in to invite you to Memory Monday...do check it out, we like family, we like memory's and we like this from the past...this is truly up your alley my friend.

Faith said...

I do thank you all for stopping, and leaving comments..

Beansieleigh said...

Oh dear, Ethel, I do hope your way includes me still! You can't forget your friend and neighbor, Lucy! (0; I agree that we see less and less comments. I admit that I have several interests that won't ALL appeal to EVERYONE at once, so maybe that's one reason, I GUESS anyways... But then I also agree with you, very much so, that I am quickly disheartened when I am constantly being talked into buying something, or continually being directed to someone's etsy shop. TOO much of that, and I just unsubscribe. I'm in it more for the friendship and inspiration, than for only being treated as a potential customer... I did visit Sandy already, but I may have to post any of my memories without photos. I don't have a scanner... Well, anyways, I hope you have a good day. I have plumbing problems on this end, so I'm not sure HOW this day is gonna go yet. Just cross your fingers for me that it all gets fixed, o.k.? ~Lucy

Fresh Off My Hook said...

Oh, please don't stop blogging. I look at your blog every day.

Faith said...

Fresh off My hook...thank you visiting, please come back again..and by letting us know you are here, others will find you as well. I have stopped over your place and left my calling card.

Leaving the light on for you