Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Permaculture Spiral Garden


Herb spiral at Eco Living Fair at Randwick Community Center, Sydney
internet photo



Until a few weeks ago, I had never heard of such a thing. Have you ever?
This is something which I think I should like to do, gathering the materials
will take time for me, but the benefit of this outweigh the thoughts. We have one at the Nature Center, that is where the idea came from. Though thought being that the plants which need the least amount of water drain to those who need more.. It looks more compact then the conventional rectangle or square garden, and I'm sure you could make it that way if you choose..the sky is the limit on how you design these. I think they are rather pretty and practical.
a few links for you to paruse...

  http://www.mitra.biz/joomla/index.php/writingssustainability/3049-herbspiral

If you done one of these, I do hope you'll stop and share your experience. I think these are very cool. 

3 comments:

Vikki Hooks said...

do you remember that we moved about a year ago..well we have these kind of beds in my front yard..I can't work out in the yard as my allergies will put me down for days, but I will go take some pics and get them on my blog so you can see...Hugs

Snowcatcher said...

What an awesome idea! I just redid my front yard in April, and I might have used this technique had I known about it. Or if I had a brain... :)

pattas said...

It is a brilliant concept.. I love the way it works :))
hugs pat ..

Leaving the light on for you