Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Silent hooks

internet photo
 
I call this the....
"oh bother" picture...
If you've been around any length of time, you recognize what this beautiful cherub represents for me...usually it is something which is most irritating and frustrating. It fits the pattern for what is going on.
My hook is not moving at all these days, so I've put my friends away for a while, they will be there when
I figure out what's going on. Focus is not a strong point for me now. I have the craft fair coming up in October, and maybe by August or so I'll feel like moving the hook again.
There is alot going on, and then there  is nothing, more to point it is nothing. My heart isn't in the hookin place right now.
Heck, nothing seems to make me jump for joy at this point... I'm tuckered out...
 All our efforts have been in looking for a job for my laid off husband, I might add this is a most discouraging process.
The waiting and anticipation, up and down, up and down.. 
Faith is being tested, over and over again.
I hope that soon I will feel like picking up the hook again, finding it difficult to do anything....
Until then this is taking a back seat for awhile...I'll be around to visit you, of course I will.
And maybe soon I'll have something to crow about, but in the meantime....
silence is golden....at least for a little while..
 
Keep the coffee on, I'll be over for chit chat and a cuppa.....

I've taken 2 Benedryl and I'm getting sleeping...itching like crazy...
mold spores from all the rain, pollen, nerves....allergies of
what ever kind....thank goodness for Benedryl....
I'll have to stop for that coffee in the AM Doll....OK?

Nighty Night Friends...
 
 

8 comments:

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Oh I totally get what you mean.
sometimes we just aren't in the mood to do what comes natural for us...or that little something that brings us joy!
I hope that you are able to Trust the Lord that He'll provide for you and that your husband will get a job.
Praying that he will.
in the mean time, take a break and let your mind rest...the hooking will come back and it will bring you solace.
:)
Pat

Charlotte Huffman said...

Hope you get to feeling better. Nothing more depressing than worrying about finding a job. Thinking of you.

Beansieleigh said...

Wishing best of luck to your hubby, Faith, in hopes he finds something soon.. and I hope you're feeling better too. I've always got the coffee on for whenever you may stop by!.. Breads and cookies too! ~lucy

Betty said...

I know so much of what you are going through. We have been there and almost there a few months ago. My prayers are with you and your hubby. Just take one day at a time.

Faith said...

Thank you for your prayers and kind words....thank you

Sandy said...

Pots on, pull up a chair. Sorry things aren't going well for hubby and sure hope it changes soon. If you're doing the fair in October how will you be ready if the hook is on vacation?

Maybe the hook would give you some relief, from the stress? Come play on Memory Monday, pull out a cute picture from before...something that puts a smile on your face as a sweet memory my friend...it'll help.

Leaving you a HUG

janice15 said...

well my dear I'd say a lot is going in your house hold and yes enduring the patience of whether or not your getting a job or not can make you crazy..at any rate you can try some liquid vitamin B's they helped me a lot with my panic and stress .. I truly hope things get to the better stage fast and you feel better. . take it easy and don't be hard on yourself... Blessings and much love Janice

GardenOfDaisies said...

Sending you hugs. It's hard. (We've been there, too.) I promise it will get better.