Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you

Monday, July 8, 2013

A live post...who hooo!

Another post, what? I'm a roll arn't I?
 
As I sit here I try to think of something which I can write about...hmmm...
not exactly filled with ideas...sometimes the mind wants to do things, and the body says no, and other times the body wants to give it a go, but the mind can't get into it...today it is the latter for me.
I pulled up the garlic I planted in the fall, they wern't as big as I thought they would be, I cut off the scapes, the plants were tall and healthy looking. I'll try again maybe next year. The plants I ordered from Burpee arrived and looked very healthy, but they are not growing, even with all the rain we had..I don't know what is up with that. I've never had tomatoes that didn't grow,one was an heirloom too. disapointing.  So much so, that I am thinking of doing away with the garden next year all together. I've got that spiral garden on my mind.But on the other hand, if we don't find a job soon, we won't be here, we are hanging on by the grace of God for sure.  So putting alot of work into something I won't see, isn't that
inviting. I don't know. I forgot what I was going to post about...really?
I've decided to enter a few of my crochet items in the County Fair, never done that before, sounds like a hoot....I have about 40 items for the craft fair, it's isn't alot but enough for me, if they aren't buying it, then I'm stuck with it or we'llhave a heck of a giveawy here....LOL....I do have to finish up soon the Thanksgiving Angel, I'm on the 2nd one now, I'll post more about that toward the fall...now that is my time of year...
A trip to Amish tomarrow maybe..get out of Dodge for a while. I need some spices, we buy them in bulk. Remember the rose I started under glass, it took :), as did the lilac cutting I took back in the spring, I've lifted off the jars and they are out in the sunshine....I hope they both take for they are both vintage by nature and lovely scents....I'll keep them in pails,
so they can be transported if necessary, don't want to leave them behind. 
 
 

2 comments:

Patricia Lewis said...

lol I am still at pc .. I know the sun is shining and I should be outside tending the garden and all that, but it is cold..:))

Don't give up on your garden, it may be just that they don;t like the location or they are in transplant shock... if you have transplanted them..

Great you able to buy in bulk.. Not many places left where we can ..
Have a great day dear friend . Thanks for sharing your thoughts..
Hugs pat ..:))

Betty said...

I know what you mean. I use to be able to do everything I wanted and know its like I have to think about it. Good luck at the craft fair.