Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Crochet and the County Fair

Hello all !
 
Next week is the county fair.  You may remember that I entered a crochet item, well tonight we are taking
it to the Fairgrounds, so they can get them ready for display & judging. Like I said what a hoot!
win or lose it will be fun either way. I've never even been to the county fair in my life, so when I say
it's a hoot....it is really a hoot!
 
this is what I am taking, I'll also be selling this at the craft fair in October, I  have another one in the works.
the pattern for the Thanksgiving Angel pattern can be found here  Beautiful patterns await you, it's well worth
the look see...
 
.Bella Crochet.

This lovely Angel would be pretty displayed on a quilted background, or maybe even a pillow, or for a wallhanging done on a quilted background. I don't sew particularly well, and so this was the best venue for me.


 
some close ups and the original post about this project can be found
 
Joining in today...

11 comments:

Home Meadows said...

Your Thanksgiving angel is very pretty. Good luck at the fair, you are sure to win a ribbon. Heather

Faith said...

Hi Heather, I see you are a new follower...thank you, and bless your heart you've left a comment....SMILE....I'll be over to stop at you place in a little while. Thank you for your sweet comments about my latest project....talk to you soon.

Vikki Hooks said...

good luck with your entry. I have never entered any of my things in our county fair. By the time I thought about it the fair was here and gone..I haven't been to our fair either. I like Ann White's designs, as she has some that are quite unique. Anyway..good luck

Faith said...

Thanks Vikki, she really does have some beautiful unique designs, what a gift.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

It's beautiful! If that's not a blue ribbon first prize crochet item, then I've never seen one! I just know you will win.

I love Bella Crochet's designs! You have really brought this one to life.

Blessings always sweet friend.

Faith said...

Thank you all for stopping over...
I appreciate it so...:)

Betty said...

It is so pretty and your are very talented. I wish you good luck on the fair.

Faith said...

Betty, thank you for the good wishes and the compliments....;)

Michelle said...

Your sure to win. It is so lovely!

Charlotte Huffman said...

Good luck at the fair. I entered an afghan one year but didn't even place.:-( They gave ribbons to "senior citizen" crochet!

Deborah Jean at Dandelion House said...

Faith, Your farmgirl doily is darling! Good luck at the fair. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!
Deb

Leaving the light on for you