Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, August 12, 2013

First Prize & the County Fair!

The Fair is over as of yesterday, and so today is the pick up date for the entries. I took my claim ticket and off we went
to pick up the Thanksgiving Angel Crochet/Embroidery hoop.I hand the man my claim ticket, he goes and retrieves my
entry, and he begins looking through a box filled with envelopes, I'm thinking to myself that perhaps I got a ribbon for participating or some forms for next years fair.  He then says to me, I'm sorry, but usually we have extra ribbons you'll need to go to the fair office, what's the ribbon for I asked?  You won!  What did I win?  he turned the ticket which was attached to my entry, had a number 1 written on the back
 
. You won first place! You could have knocked me over with a feather. I told him that we were here on Turesday, and there was no indication that my entry had won anything. 
He told me it should have had a ribbon on it, inside the envelope $4.00 cash prize.
 
 
 

 
I am elated as you might imagine...I don't know what happened, or why the ribbon wasn't displayed on my entry during the fair. But at the end of the day....it won first prize in it's category.
Imagine that!  Sometimes good things do happen, even to me. :)  



I'm participating in a blog hop today...

Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop over at Deborah Jeans Dandilion house

13 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Yay! Congrats on your awesome win! Such wonderful news. :)

Sending hugs and blessings your way sweet friend.

Faith said...

Thanks for stopping over Stitchy....

Home Meadows said...

Congratulations, that is terrific! Take care, Heather

glor said...

I knew it, I knew it! I knew this had to win, its done so beautifully. That's my sister! Congratulations!

Vikki Hooks said...

That is so cool!!!!

Snowcatcher said...

Oh, congrats! That's the very best kind of surprise! Beautiful work!!!

Faith said...

Thank you one & all...it was the very best surprise indeed....

Betty said...

Congratulations and hoping this will be the beginning of good fortune for you.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

This is a beautiful sample of your handiwork!
Congratulations on your FIRST PLACE RIBBON!
...and of course good things do happen to you, and why not?

Pat

Faith said...

I do so appreciate and look forward to you stopping over. Thank you all for taking the time..I'll be round your way :)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful.

Faith said...

Thank you to everyone who took the time to leave a comment. You know I do appreciate it, and I'll be by to visit...

Ann said...

Congratulations, Faith! You did a beautiful job!