Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you

Monday, August 26, 2013

Crochet Ornaments Last post I promise

The last installment of the continuing saga of the Crochet Christmas Ball Ornament Covers...
I'm happy with how they came out. I do need to put some ribbon or something to hang them on the tree with. Never done this before, do you just tie a bow?  Hot glue it what? hmmmm....life is such a learning curve isn't it?
So here they are in all their glory...in the the beautiful teal vintage depression glass bowl which belonged to
my MIL Auny Lucy...I've shared a few other things by this lovely lady, who I've never had the opportunity to meet . We would have gotten along splendidly I think....
Last post about these...PROMISE!
 
On to the next..finishing up a Thanksgiving Angel Hoop..Craft fair is October 19th....I don't think I will make anything else, I suppose I need to chronicle what I have for inventory,, and price them. I do want to make a bunting
crochet of course for the table front. Perhaps Hearts....
 

 
And now...full swing craft fair mode...finishing up the hoop Angel,
and I found some more items I had tucked away..and then maybe a few last minute additions if I can figure out how to tie them together...we'll see....
 

9 comments:

Vikki Hooks said...

very nice!!!

Faith said...

Thank you Vikki, a compliment for sure, since you are a crocheter extrordinair...and doily master...Thank you for stopping over today..

Home Meadows said...

Very pretty Faith. I haven't made these types of ornaments, but I would think you could just slip a ribbon through your crochet and tie a tight bow. Good luck with you craft fair. Heather

Betty said...

I thought they were pretty before, but to see them on the ornament they are even more pretty. Great job.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Way back when I was on the newspaper in college, I interviewed a woman and her husband who had lived in the small, log home they built together. She gave us some dandelion wine (yes, under aged but what the heck) and some of her recipes. The thing I prized the most was a crochet Christmas ball ornament. Thirty+ years later it still hangs in a place of honor on my tree. I'm sure yours will be revisited every Christmas as well as it hangs on someone's tree.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

The flowers make a pretty touch to your Christmas ornaments.
Never grow tired of seeing pretty crocheted items.
Pat

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

So pretty. :)

Wising you a lovely day sweet friend.

Faith said...

It feels like Christmas, for you have all stopped and left comments..you are all such a gift.

Patricia Lewis said...

Thankyou so much Faith for stopping by the other day..Thankyou for caring...Be back real soon :))