Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Kitchen Detail

 
 
 
Internet Photo Credit...
Isn't this charming....
 
 
This morning the order of the day is bread...baking bread.  While I don't have a specific day that I do this it is rather dictated by how low we are and can we make it through a few more days...doesn't look like it. The yeast is in the proof as we speak, and I'm enjoying a cuppa here with you before I am off to do that which I enjoy so much.  The other day I bought some whole grain bread, WOW...I really liked it, although the kids and hubster can take it or leave it. It's better for you I said, maybe I shouldn't have .  I might try my hand at making some of that homemade.
 
I'm feeling fallish, I know some of you want to hold on to Summer a while longer, and there are some of you who are in the winter season where you are and you want spring...here in blogland....we can have whatever we like can't we?  I'm looking forward to a trip out to the apple orchard to get some apples for pies...
 
Well, whereever you are and in whatever season, I hope you enjoy your day....feel free to stop by for a cuppa, and enjoy the aroma and a slice of nice warm bread....and a chit chat......  

5 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh I know your kitchen is going to smell so wonderful when you bake the bread! Yum.

Have fun out at the apple orchard, that sounds like it would be fun.

I wish it were fall, so you and I will both have fall on our blogs. I love the pumpkins, the changing colors of the leaves, the smell of smoke in the air from all the fireplaces being used....ahhhh fall, that little nip in the air, vivid blue skies!

I am dropping by for a cuppa and some hooky time, too.

Blessings always sweet friend.

janice15 said...

IM WITH YOU ABOUT THE FALLISH.. I'M SO READY FOR IT.. HERE IN SAN FRANCISCO YOU CAN KIND OF FEEL IT IN THE AIR ALREADY.. IT MAKES MY HEART SKIP A BEAT I JUST LOVE THE FALL AIR AND TIME.. SUMMER CAN LEAVE CAUSE WE DIDN'T HAVE MUCH OF ONE ANYHOW.. I LOVE THE LITTLE KITCHEN IT IS CHARMING INDEED.. I LOVE TO MAKE BREAD TO EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T DONE IT IN A LITTLE WHILE.. MARTHA STEWARD HAS A NICE RECIPE.. FOR BREAD AND USE CAN MAKE SEVERAL KINDS FROM THE BASIC OF IT.. I WILL LOOK FOR IT. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.. WITH LOVE JANICE

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

It is so blasted hot here. When I say *blasted...I mean. The wind blowing across my pasture is like a huge hot air blower! I did 3 loads of laundry yesterday and it dried in under an 1 hour. No kidding, some items dried before I got the whole load hung up on the line!
Am I ready for fall...yes and no.
We've had mild temps up until August and we are just now feeling the full enjoyment of the pool. Somedays, it (the water) was just too cool, to enjoy it.
But I do long for the days where I can open the windows and air out the house... move furniture into Fall/Winter arrangement...do you do that? I'm hoping to be finished with my couch recover so I can play around with the *new furniture.
Have fun making bread. I make mine in a bread machine. I should probably whip it out! I could use the savings this week. That sounds bad... but true. I only make bread when funds are low. :/
Pat

Beansieleigh said...

Oh, if you do make a homemade wheat bread, I'd be interested in hearing what recipe you liked! I have wheat flour on hand, that I've used for other things, but not bread specifically... I am SO-oooo GLAD that things are cooling down, though, so that we can bake again!!! I just don't take to the heat like I used to! WELCOME FALL!! (0; Have a good night Ethel, and thanks so much for the cuppa today! ~lucy

janice15 said...

http://www.marthastewart.com/340230/multigrain-bread

Here's that link.. she has a basic white bread recipe that you use, and then you add to it to make the grain bread.. I have made the white bread and raisin bread
good luck Janice