Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, August 15, 2013

It was nice running into you at Micheals...

Hello!  Don't I know you from somewhere?  Oh yes of course Blogland..just around the corner from CBTS..we've chatted a few times havn't we? What am I looking for?  Well I need to finish up another Thanksgiving Angel and needed the hoop to assemble it together and she will be done. Our first stop was Pat Catans, I was looking for glass ornaments, you know the clear kind. No they didn't have any Christmas up at Pat Catans, but I did see some boxes of Christmas Trees.
I don't really like driving down here to Micheals, right by the highway and so many lanes, but today I faced my fear and drove myself here, I was a nervous wreck. But we made it, this is my son  Jake  comes along with me for conversation and some bonding time. And yes they had the ornaments just like Manager said they would when I asked some 4 months ago. You would think this might be something they would carry all year..but it is seasonal. 
What am I going to do with these ornaments, why crochet a beautiful cover for them to hang on the christmas tree, I'm hoping to sell a few at the Craft Fair in October. What are you looking for here at Micheals?
Here is the link for the pattern and tutorial about the ornaments I told you about...
so pretty...there is a link there to take you to a tutorial with the pattern. 
Gee it was nice running into to you, and I hope to see you again.

8 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Thank you for the blog link....I can't wait to see yours. I might try one myself, but I have gauge issues...mine won't fit a Christmas ball, but it might fit a basket ball! :)

Sending hugs and blessings your way sweet friend.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Running into you at Micheal's...
ha ha ha.
I could have sworn I saw you at Joann's just the other day.
:)
Cute post.
Have to check this link for the ornaments... Can't believe Christmas is just 4 1/2 months away !!!
Pat

Michelle said...

What a wonderful surprise seeing you here. It's been a while. I am just picking up some soap molds and soap dyes. I am going to try my hand at soap making. Wish me luck. Well I am off to Lowes to buy Lye . It was so nice seeing you . Have a great day.

Vikki Hooks said...

I thought that was you the other day..girl you are looking good. I am going to go look at your link up now..I want to make some to hang on my crochet trees if I can adjust the pattern..maybe just a smaller thread and hook will do...Have a blessed day

Faith said...

It's always good seeing you girls, at our favorite hangouts...LOL

Beansieleigh said...

These ornaments look beautiful, and I've always wanted to try them.. Maybe THIS year I will! Can't wait to see how yours come out!... Have a great weekend! ~lucy

Beansieleigh said...

P.S. Having checked the link.. Am I SEEING this right???? Does the project call for a 7-INCH ball? That's one BIG ornament, isn't it? I don't know where I'll find one of these myself, as I NEVER make it to Michaels, and they don't take orders online.. What to do?!

Faith said...

I thought the same thing, I went to Micheals and bought the smaller of the two they had on display, I'll get the size of the ones I bought when I get home.