Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, September 9, 2013

Putzing around in the garden

 
  
My poor garden, it was neglected for most of the summer this year..just not a priority at all. I think this is the first year in many that I didn't do very much in it.  It rather looks it. Well, ok it really looks neglected.  No vegatables came out of the garden this year, and the garlic bulbs I harvested in the spring small. I don't know what happened, they were 4' tall. 
 
I mentioned a while back about a spiral garden, and have set about collecting rocks, and my neighbors just
gave me some larger ones so that helped alot. Today I went out and began to see how that is going to be laid out. I'll need some dirt to make the spiral. I have this in my square foot box, so the weeds will be at a minimum.  I already have a Lavender plant in there and a Mum, both which will be on the outside parimeter of the spiral.
 
Allium,  time to plant those.  I've had my eye on these for a while, they won't go in the spiral, but I'll incorporate them
with the Black Eyed Susans, and the  Tiger Lillies.  So going to keep it simple and plant a few herbs in there and a few flowers.
 
What is an Alium you ask? You've probably seen them around for they are striking....here take a look...
 
 
 
On the agenda this week is to pick some up, they should be planted in the fall for a spring bloom.
 

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I have never seen a flower so purple. They are really pretty.

Vikki Hooks said...

nope never seen this flower before..it is striking.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I love that shade of purple and this flower will look beautiful where ever it is grows!

Love your garden idea....please don't forget to take pictures for us.

Wishing you a day filled with many blessings sweet friend.

Leaving the light on for you