Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chill in the air, bread in the oven...what could be better?

Fall seems to have arrived in my neck of the woods, there is a crispness to the air,and now the leaves should change, we still have many trees with green leaves, it has been a different fall then we are used to...a pre curser for this winter? BRRRR! we'll see. We made it through our first craft fair. Will I do another, not sure. This wasn't a large event, and so there wasn't a large amount of potential buyers. We went through long periods of just sitting. I almost made table cost, short $6.00. If compliments were worth $, then I made table cost plus. Compliments galore. No cash. I had no competition. So I don't know. It was something I wanted to do, and I have done it, whether or not I will do it again, remains to be seen. Met some other lovely ladies, and learned a few tricks of the trade for a posssible next time. Still with the internet problems, I've been trying to post since Sunday. There are pictures to take the package I received from Vikki at her give away...I've started another Irish Rose Doily, and will some of the thread yarn I got in the giveaway package. So pictures I hope will be forthcoming. Hoping to be around and play catch up with all of you..soon!

5 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Looking forward to seeing your new doily. :)

Hang in there with the craft fair thing, Vikki could most certainly give you pointers on that, she's been doing it for years.

Blessings to you always sweet friend.

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Neighbor! Got the coffee on?.. Sorry to hear the craft fair wasn't profitable, but from what I've seen, people just tend not to want to pay the price. In their minds, they think you used a 3-dollar skein of yarn, but they don't see you put 3, maybe 4 hours worth of WORK (depending on stitch, detail, etc.) into it TOO!.. Well, I'm glad to hear people spoke well of your work; and that aside, baking sounds wonderful! I plan on making some banana bread or muffins myself today! We just got in from walking the dog, and there is definitely a chill in the air! We were just lucky it wasn't raining! It will be nice to run the oven now!... Have a great day, Ethel, and thanks for the coffee! ~lucy

Vikki Hooks said...

I am sorry your first craft fair didn't go any better. I think the trick is to find one where there is alot of foot traffic...because let's face it, not everyone likes crochet items. It took me awhile to find one that works for me. Sometimes I still wonder if it is worth it, but I do enjoy meeting people and I do have some that come looking just for my doilies..Hope you get your computer up and running soon as I really want to see the Irish rose doily. Blessings

Patricia Lewis said...

Hello Faith :)) Looking forward to the pics of your day ... hugs pat :))

Charlotte Huffman said...

It's cool here in SC this week also. Had to retire my shorts! :-( I would like to try a craft fair; sounds like fun. Hope your internet problems get resolved soon.