Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Hearthmade Croissant Recipe & some Pretties

Sharing a few things today of interest to some or all of you, I talked a little bit about croissants a few posts back, and that I was making them ( for the first time ).  Back today sharing the recipe, and if my batch turns out some pictures. Last time I mis read the directions and didn't use enough butter, they were good and my guys liked them and want me to make more so here we go. This has to sit overnight, so I am making them up today, and baking tomorrow.
I have not yet taken a picture of everything from the giveaway that I won over at Vikki's.  I have gotten a picture of the lovely crochet items which was in the box, it is so pretty and it looks lovely in my "kitchey" cabinet, where I place things of beauty and charm for display, I have several items on or in kitchy that I've received from friends in blogland. They
are treasures to be sure.

There they are, under the little tea pot set,
lovely aren't they, this is the perfect spot for them.

I made the little red/white dress, there is a tea cup which belonged to my husbands grandmother,
and a pot holder which my MIL embroidered my name on.

 The potholder on the outside, with the violet came from  Gloria when we had our potholder swap. I have
a "chook" from my friend Pat in Tasmania  Pat on the top, and an apron from a giveaway which I use that hangs there sometimes. You can see the " Chook " on the sidebar picture of my kitchy. 
Croissant Recipe
( Credit where credit due )
This recipe came from Fall 2009 issue of  Taste of Home Fall Baking
by Loraine Meyer
makes 3 dozen
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1/3 cup all purpose flour
Dough:
1 pkg ( 1/4 oz) active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water ( 110-115 )
1 cup warm milk ( 110-115)
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp salt
3 1/2  -  3 3/4 all purpose flour
In a small bowl, beat softened butter and 1/3 cup of flour until combined.
Spread into a 12"x6" rectangle on a piece of waxed paper. Cover with another piece of waxed paper; refrigerate at least one hour.
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, egg, salt and 2 cups flour; beatu until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
Roll dough into a 14" square.  Remove top sheet of wax paper from butter, invert onto half of the dough. Remove wax paper. Fold dough over butter; seal edges, and roll into 20" x 12" rectangle. Fold into thirds. Repeat rolling folding twice.
( if the butter softens, chill after folding ).
Wrap in plastic wrap: refrigerate overnight.
Unwrap dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 25"x 20" rectangle. Cut into 5" squares. Cut each square
diagonally in half, forming two triangles.  Roll up triangles from the wide end; place 2 " apart with point down on
ungreased baking sheet. Curve ends down to form crescent shape.
Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 min. Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove
to wire racks and serve warm.
I've had these at the grocery story bakery also, and they put a powder sugar glaze over them, like a donut
which is really good too.  I havn't done that with these yet. Writing this recipe, I realized I did several things
wrong the 1st time. So they should be really good this time.
Enjoy...!

I came home from work, and finished off the croissant, it's resting overnight in the fridge...
Let me know if you give these a try..and how they turn out for you.



joining in a blog hop...won't you hop along?
Homegrown on the hill









 

4 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh the doilies are so pretty that way you displayed them. :)

Yum on the croissants….I can smell them from here!

Blessings always sweet friend

Vikki Hooks said...

while the croissants are probably better homemade, it sure looks like work to me. I think I will just buy them already made as I am really lazy when it comes to cooking...those little pastries are just too much work for me...I love the way you have displayed your "heartstrings" It just shows the love. Have a great day and enjoy the croissants..too bad I don't live closer I would snag one. Hugs and blessings always.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Lovely and charming display with the doilies! The croissants sound wonderful! They are worth the effort!

Black Fox Homestead said...

What a pretty blog! Thank you for sharing with us at the HomeAcre Hop! We'd love to have you back again tomorrow.