Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Color of the Season=Pumpkin Orange

Tip Top of the beautiful day to you all.
 
Pumpkins I just love 'em...they along with the snowman, scarecrow & gingerbread man are just wonderful little
simple joys which I enjoy, they are happy &  simple , This picture is taken at the Apple Orchard where we get
Apples of course, & they have an ice cream shop where they make some delicious ice cream fresh
every day.. My favorite is the white house, it has cherries, my hubby likes the honey ice cream the best. They carry a little bit of Amish jellies and some bulk items, as well as local produce and apples, it smells so good when you walk in
their, the fresh scent of apples fill the room.  I love the house in the back too, I suppose the folks who run the orchard live there, but what a beauty....

 
 
 
Enjoying a cuppa and visiting around this morning.  I love it when I find a new blog to visit and it's always fun
to share things with you all who stop here to chit chat over the fencepost. So I have a link to share
crochet pumpkin bunting, over at Karen's place. How cute these would be for a bunting for the craft table, I have a few hearts made already, but I'm just one who loves punkins too....such a quandry...LOL
 and a picture of the the doily I spoke about the other day. I actually made it past row 4, and just about to complete the rose portion of this doily.
 
 
 
(bpsc)   well, try as I may...this stitch was not working at this time on this project. Since I had made these beautiful
Irish Crochet Roses before, I new a different way and just did that...and it is coming along nicely.
 
Breakfast time for my boy, and then off to school he goes..I'll be back shortly...don't go away now.
 
 
I'm back, that didn't take to long now did it?  So anyway...I rested alot yesterday, and got that rose done while
they were at Scouts, today my bumstead knee feels better, I iced it instead of heat...( Thank you ) and while
I'm still limiping around, my mind is full of activities. I said my mind...the old bodster not so much. I did
run across a recipe for butter croissants I'm rather intrigued about, and havn't made bread in about 6
weeks. I'm feeling a bit like me old self again....but I must choose....I'm tending to go with the croissants....
 
I'll share the recipe next time....lets see how this goes today....wish me luck...  
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

So glad your knee is improved. The pumpkins look so wonderful with a rustice fence and farmhouse in the background. It looks like --a postcard.
The doily looks pretty too.
I've not done any crochet like this in years...but seeing yours makes me want to get some going!
Pat

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

It looks great!

Blessings always

Ann Nichols said...

What a wonderful and cozy place to be! Great blog!

Michelle said...

Glad to hear your feeling better. Hope your knee gets better also. I love looking at your harvest angel. It so lovely! Thanks for the info on the pumpkin pattern.

Faith said...

I thank you all for stopping, and taking the time to wish me well and and chit chat with me....You are appreciated.

glor said...

Oh sweet sister, what lovely posts of late except for hearing abount the knee ... the rose is exceptional, I have not had much crochet time as of late and this makes me want to make one (some). Blessings sweet girl, hope the knee is better quickly.

sandy said...

I feel like I'm in the orchard with you with your description. My DD was out picking apples the other day. She too loves it. Will check out the pattern, thanks for posting the link.