Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Almost finished with the shawl...

After a rocky start, and frogging more than I care to remember, I have almost finished this piece. I am anxious to get back to something lighter to fashion up with thread, possibly a snowflake from
Snowcatcher, havn't been?  Then do stop, I have never steered you wrong.

I have only the add the trim around now, and clean up the hanging threads from the yarn add on, and she'll be done. It is heavy, and should be rather warm. Good thing I am of a sturdy build. ( AHEM )

 I also want to make a Pointsettia Flower I saw in the book I posted about a few posts back. 
None the less the hook will be moving, albeit a smaller version of the one which made this shawl, putting my glasses back on after working with the big yarn LOL....

In the next day or so or by weeks end, she should be all done.

Today, making a cake from scratch.  A few years ago I made a cake for my husbands birthday and didn't keep the recipe. I have found another Pecan cake, and am going to add white chocolate into the batter as I did before, I hope it works out. He is the big "50" today...

That's my story and I'm stickin to it. !



3 comments:

annie said...

Happy Birthday to him, I enjoyed my visit over here, and think I would like to try a snowflake or two.

Charlotte Huffman said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby. My hubby's 53rd birthday was yesterday. Can't wait to see the shawl.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Happy B-lated Birthday to your Hubby. :)

I am so looking forward to your shawl.

You can never go wrong with one of Snowcatchers awesome snowflakes!

Blessings always sweet friend