Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, November 21, 2013

~ Finished it up- The Crochet hooded Shawl ~

Well it is 95.5% done, 5 3/4 skeins of Aran colored Red Heart Yarn, some frogging and $*$&#O,
she is done !    All but the buttons, and shoring up the straggler ends. Counting the mistakes,and reworking I would say this took  what seems like about 5 weeks, actually two me 2 weeks once I started over with the pattern corrections. Wow, the hook she was a flying.  I think it turned out ok. I'm not in a big hurry to begin another yarn project, but will retire the yarn and size H hook for a while and pick up something light and dainty.

I have this on a sturdy wooden hanger that I believe it or not used in kindergarden, it even has my name on it where my dear old mom wrote it. Fifty year old hanger...go figure. Anyway.....this is barely doing the trick as this is a most heavy garment. Maybe this is something I won't want to hang on a hanger as it may
damage the stitches. Something to think about.....


Here it is in all it's glory..
well almost :)

Do I have to block this?  I don't know how...any suggestions.?
Thank you ;)



Joining in :)


15 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

Way to go! I knew you could do it! I understand the frustration of having to frog because that's what I have been doing with my latest project. I don't want to post about it because I don't know if I am going to be happy with it or not. Wish me luck.

Lisa said...

It's so beautiful! You are very talented!

Lisa

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

Hi Faith. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I've been told items like this must be blocked (my least favorite part) but, to me, it looks perfect. I LOVE it!

glor said...

Oh sister, what a beautiful job you did. And lovingly draped on this so special hanger. What treasures. Have a wonderful, blessed evening.

annie said...

it is very beautiful!
it probably should be blocked, I always thought the finish so much better when things are.

Vikki Hooks said...

oh yeah this is on my to do list..after the holidays I think...and please forgive me I lost the link to the pattern so I need it again...hugs

Faith said...

WOW! Look at all these wonderful comments..Thank you all so much !

Vikki, I'll be getting the link out for this to you.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

It is so lovely. I know you will enjoy wearing it for many years. :) I think you only have to block something if you want to "open up" the stitches (like with a doily). I think it is awesome. :)

Blessings always sweet friend.

Dolly Sarrio said...

Every time I visit your blog I feel as if I am on vacation. It is absolutely beautiful. I also want to get into that tub! You are one excellent crocheter. I love all of your work. I look a lot and don't comment enough but will have to remedy that.

Faith said...

Thank you one and all for your wonderful comments, it's such a wonderful time reading and connecting with you all, and I appreciate so much.

Susanne said...

It turned out fantastic. So glad you managed to figure out what to do despite the frustrating frogging. The wooden hanger is a treasure. Little bits and pieces of past memories. I'm not sure about blocking it, but maybe letting it hang in a bathroom with a steamy shower might give it the final touch. I would be cautious too about doing that while it hangs on a hanger though. We all know what hangers can do to the shoulders of an item made of yarn. I have blocked stuff using the steam of an iron, but heavens, large projects are hard to do, holding that iron above the item gets heavy, hard on the wrists.
Susanne :)

Laura Lane said...

oh so pretty!

Patricia Lewis said...

Congrats on a beautiful garment :)) A lot of work no wonder you want a change to something lighter to crochet :))
The hanger brought back memories ,, I did this for all my children, still have youngest daughters :))
Enjoy your day Faith ..

Black Fox Homestead said...

How pretty! Thank you for sharing this with us at the HomeAcre Hop. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving! The hop will be live tomorrow and we'd love to have you drop by.

Ms. Sarah said...

Do you happen to have the address for this pattern? I would love to make it for my gram. Thank you so much.

Sarah