Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Homemade from hearth for the holidays.

All righty pilgim!  ( a little John Wayne lingo)  
The holiday is quickly approaching... yes it's 3 weeks off, but soon...it will be here. I'm gathering my 
groceries in the coming days for our thankfeast. And if your like me your in the planning stages and getting geared up with those ducks and putting them in order.  Hot Rolls, do you have them with your dinner
for the Holidays, or anytime?  We are hot rolls fans at our house, well at least my boys and husband are. I didn't grow up with them round our table, so it doesn't matter to me, but it's important to them, and I am reminded daily about are you going to make the hot rolls mom?  Have I never not made them?  No. 
But asking has become one of the traditions, to make sure all the bases are covered. 

These are good anytime actually, and I do make them several times a year and will even freeze them so we have a few around. It will soak up your gravy like nobody's business. And as I've told you before they are easy peasy to make...no worries you have time. Go ahead and bake up a batch of these lovelies..

Here's the link to my original  posting from this year...take a look at this picture...won't these
look grand on your table this holiday season? 

Little Homestead on the Hill

7 comments:

Haddock said...

Freshly baked rolls are always welcome.
John Wayne lingo......hmmm.... forgot about that..... long time since I saw one of his movies.

Faith said...

Thanks for stopping over Haddock and leaving a comment...John Wayne one of the best ever ;)

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I do love homemade rolls! One of my favorite things ever. I don't make them too often, but I'd eat them with every meal if I could!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Those sure are pretty. I'll have to make a blogger recipe file for all these great ideas.

Therese said...

I haven't made homemade rolls. I will have to try. They look yummy. thanks for sharing the recipe.

Pammy Sue said...

Hi Faith!! I was happy to see you've stopped by a couple of times lately and left a comment. I still check in now and then with you too. I just copied your homemade roll recipe. I'm always making rolls and breads of some kind. I love making them AND eating them! I'm going to go check out that herb lady's site. I grew some basil this year and used it in a couple of recipes. We really enjoyed it.

Lisa Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing on The Thankful HomeAcre Hop! I look forward to seeing what you share with us tomorrow!