Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you

Friday, November 8, 2013

Nature through moving of the hook...take a look see!

Went to the library with my son and was parusing around, it's a brand spanking new library in our town, they closed and consolidated and now have the state of the art facility. Fortunately for me they also have new books about Crochet.
I found this little Jim Dandy and was drawn in by the colorful dainty crochet flowers on the cover.
This book is packed with all kinds of flowers, leaves, stems you can imagine. It is nature converted into the art of moving the hook. The author has done a beautiful job in displaying pictures, directions, and yes even graphs for those of you who have trouble with patterns, but can read the graph type  of instructions.
 
100 lace flowers to crochet

written by Caitlin Sainio



Hope you enjoy looking through this if you are a
"threadie" and could come up with any number of lovely combinations to use these lovely flowers.

4 comments:

Patricia Lewis said...

I think of you every time I look out my window and see the Peony rose in bloom.. Did yours flower this Year ??
Well Faith, The book of crochet flowers does look very interesting.. I wonder what you will come up with :))

Have a great week end Dear friend :))

Charlotte Huffman said...

I had no idea that you could find books about crochet in the library! I guess that means I need to visit my local library!

Susanne said...

Last time I stopped at the library I came home with about 8 books on quilting and crochet. It is often a place that we over look that provides another source for patterns and such. I love crocheted flowers, they make a wonderful addition to many things we make. Thank you faith for reminding me to look there next time I am in town. I am sure you are just itching to try a few and I can't wait to see what you make.
(((HUGS))) Susanne :)

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Looks like a great book. I love the old crochet of the 40's and 50's.