Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, December 9, 2013

Where does the time go?

( We have a Moses basket)
&
18 years ago today, my beautiful baby boy slept in it,
all 9 lbs 5 oz of him...
Happy Birthday Matthew!
Where does the time go?  I've gone from kissing those ever soft little toes, to holding my nose when I'm doing the laundry. The toys have gone from cute and cuddly to, well the cute and cuddly are gone. 
 It was easy then  to separate the men from the boy clothes and socks, and shoes. Riding in the car was an adventure, where we talked and learned about things, and oh how I loved to shop with my little boy.
  Now we have the ear plugs in the car, he's listening to what he wants to hear, I still talk but he doesn't answer because he can't here me. 
Shopping was always a joy with a little boy around, we'd pop in the car and go here and there. Now, he doesn't want to go places, rather stay home and play video games. Every once in a while he goes, and realizes that we can still have fun as a family.     
Being a mom...a emotional rollercoaster...and by the way
I've done some growing up too.

4 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

I miss my "kids" too. My baby is 31 and was 9 lbs. 13 oz. when he was born! Happy Birthday Matthew.

glor said...

Happy Birthday Matthew ... and mom ... isn't it amaing how quickly they're reached this age? After getting over the shock that they really do grow up they become even so much more fun. Adult kids are great! Blessings mom.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Sweet post.
My kids are grown and living full lives...
Where does the time go?
My oldest is 26 and my youngest 23 with the boys sandwiched in between... each a year apart.
I miss those younger years for sure.
I have one of those type baskets. I call mine a 'car bed'.
Happy birthday to your boy-- and blessings to his Momma.
Pat

glor said...

ps...I just printed off the pattern ...oh my, we'll see what I do next. What row are you on??? LOL

Leaving the light on for you