Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

You Who ! C'mon over lets talk Crochet

Leaving the light on for you

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Doing some musing of the Crochet kind...

Been doing some musings about Crochet and what I would like to do to take my talent to another level. 
Some of you have shops, teach, crochet for fun, some of you sell your lovelies on the side, and some create patterns for the rest of us to enjoy.
I fit somewhere in the middle of all of these. 
I do crochet for fun & therapy ( mostly therapy)
I don't have a shop, but it intrigues me somewhat.
I've sold a few things, but my venue has changed and I have a few ideas jotted down on how to increase sales and or orders.
 I want to get something started.
Teaching..something I've considered. Looked around at a place to earn a certification, but I'm hesitant because they cannot even answer an email, I don't want to send them $75 if they cannot respond to questions prior to payment...
Writing a pattern, creating a lovely..this one gets a star, I'd really like to do this. 
So, here it is, I crochet for therapy and I love the tactile of the yarn, and the visual of the colors and patterns,
and I want to create patterns. 
I made up a sign to display at the local library to connect  locally with other crocheters. Have not received anything from that. I was hoping to form a local group of crochet enthusiasts for meeting once a month. Am I the only one in town?  I think not. All of this points somewhere..and as soon as I figure it out,
 I'll get back to you. 

Trying to find a direction is difficult, writing it down and looking at it help it make sense in the real time. 

Perhaps I've put the cart before the horse without going through the necessary steps, you must learn to walk 

I feel as though I am at the crossroad..

It's a journey not a destination, one thing I know for sure....
I'll keep moving my hook either way.... 




before you can run sort of thing.  

2 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

You could have been writing about me because I have felt the same way. Crocheting is my therapy and keeps me sane. I would love to sell my work, but haven't been successful. Good luck with your endeavors.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I think we all craft for different reasons, I know mine is because I feel I just must create something. My day feels off balance if I am not creating.

I am sending prayers your way sweet friend that you will find your place...I say do what makes your heart sing...you are so talented and gifted in so many ways...you are a blessing and don't ever forget that....a true blessing to all of us who are lucky enough to read your blog!

Blessings to you always my dear friend.