Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What's doing ?

Let's see, what's doing?  hmmm....
Moving the hook, doing some re arranging in my kitchen, staying inside when I don't have to go out. 
Soon I must leave to pick up my son at school, and then begin the nightly ritual of supper, dishes, and hook moving with me feet up...that's what I'm talking about...:)
We are in another cold snap, but the sun is shining and it is cheerful albeit cold ( frigid). 
I saw a purse in the spring edition of Crochet! magazine I wanted to try, of course the yarn could not be found, and so I found an ombre which is pretty. . I'm not sure how this will look when done so it may transform into something else like a bag or tote.  I'd like to make one in the colors shown. They are crisp and compliment each other. 
A trip to Amish yesterday, and I stocked up on bulk yeast..there isn't anything like it and for love nor money I cannot make a decent bread with store bought packets or jar yeast. I used to, what has changed? 
So today I made 2 loaves and it smells homey and comforting today, what a wonderful aroma.
 

isn't this so cute?


3 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

Good luck with the purse. Calling for cold weather here; hope no snow.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Adorable!

I've been learning to knit...IT AIN'T EASY! lol...
I don't have a problem with store boughten yeast...but I like to buy my wheat flour at the Mennonite Bakery. I love that stuff. :)
Pat

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I can almost smell that yummy bread all the way down here! :) We are a balmy 10 outside today....I miss Spring. :)

Love the new hooky project you've got going. That purse will look so cute. Looking forward to seeing updates on your blog.

Hugs and blessings always sweet friend.


THE GUARDIAN
ANGEL
Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.
Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867

Friends & Kindred Souls

You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you