Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mother Nature vs Old Man Winter & moving of the hook

Old man winter is very persistant. We are under yet another severe weather advisory today, with a combination punch rain/snow. So my son is off again from school today, and many things are closed and or cancelled.
The silver lining, there is always one is that while the weather may be severe, the duration of these storms and the fluctuations of the temperatures is less.
I've got a new computer, as the old dinosaur while it won't give up the ghost doesn't run, well it runs but you never get to visit anywhere.
On the hook front, I've been moving it but  really not producing anything. I did find a pattern for a cute vest I'm trying. I have issues with gauge, and with finding the right yarn for the job. But, I want to try my hand at another piece of clothing, this one calls for #4 yarn which I have plenty of. I don't understand that whole DK thing at all. And trying to find cotton yarn in a store #3, not working. Plus Size Crochet Victorian Style Round Vest PDF Pattern 1210
This is sweet, this is the picture from the website which sells the pattern, and
here is the link
 
The pattern calls for a one pounder which I had on hand, in a country rose color. I just started it the other day, today is the perfect day for moving of the hook.

3 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Have missed you!

The vest is cute and I know you will love wearing it.

The only #3 yarn I can get is sport weight at Hobby Lobby..It's called I love this sport weight yarn....there is #3 cotton thread, but that is more for doilies.

Looking forward to seeing your updates.

Blessings always sweet friend.

Charlotte Huffman said...

Welcome back! Good luck with the vest. I can never get the gauge right for clothing. :-(

Michelle said...

I am not new to crocheting. but clothes are definitely out for me . I am just now learning how to read a pattern with help from a friend. I have always learned by watching before. I normal just make afghans. That pretty much my speed. LOL