Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, June 2, 2014

Crochet & Dolls of the Barbie kind

Hello All !
What's doin with you all?  I've been attempting to move my hook on that shawl scarf, and it is a slow go, I don't know if it is the pattern, color, or yarn.  I've not worked with #2 yarn, it is very soft and somewhat fuzzy, when I have to frog it knots up and I end up cutting. Oh bother. !  One of the 3 things will be changed, the popcorn stitch isn't difficult, I just don't know if I like it. So, we'll see. In
the meantime, after bringing up Miss Kitty and dusting her off, I'm in a doll mood, and have found some rather lovely Barbie doll gowns. As usual I am after the curve and so the pattern books are not easily accessible. My husband bought me a few years ago an anniversary Barbie of the one I had as a little girl. I've not opened her up, hoping maybe someday a grand daughter will delight in it as I did. In the meantime, I have time to make her some lovely dresses and things, I never knew there was so much out there.
County Fair coming up, and I think this year I would like to enter my Barbie doll in this lovely
Item image

Somebody else thought so too, for it is sold out on Etsy where I found it.  A day late and a dollar short, that's  me. I'll keep looking around and see what turns up. Errands to run today, and hot rolls to make for my son's Boy Scout campout family dinner next week.

Have a good week

1 comment:

Vikki Hooks said...

I hope you run across that pattern again. I just hate it when I think about something too long...my husband now says to me...think long...think wrong. Have a wonderful week.

Leaving the light on for you