Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos
THE GUARDIAN ANGEL

Take your needle my child and work at your pattern it will come out a rose by and by. , Life is like that...one stitch at a time taken patiently.

Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867



Friends & Kindred Souls

You Who ! C'mon over lets talk Crochet

Leaving the light on for you

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Crochet wip of the thread variety this time

I've not finished with my shawl yet, I have one more component I would like add. While thinking on it some, I've begun this little treasure. A candidate for next years County Fair perhaps? If not maybe someday it will go to my grand daughter albeit many years from now, if I have one. What a lovely heirloom don't you think? I'm working with colors I already have in the old stash bucket, pink and that frost green. The dress, jacket, and hat will be the green with pink in the blouse and lace.

It feels different working with the thread after many months of the yarn and large hook. I think my hands go through less motions with the smaller hook n thread.

I suppose most of you are familiar with the Craft Yarn Council or CYC, if not take a look here,
plenty of good information.
http://craftyarncouncil.com/

4 comments:

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

small thread takes a day at least to get used to for me...well, switching back and forth between materials. I was thinking of making some more dish mops a while back and modifying them to be made with small thread rather than big cotton yarn. I think they'd be easier to manage in the dish water too.
This little doll dress looks like something a little girl would love!

heading over to check out the link... have a great weekend.
Pat

Patricia Lewis said...

Sweet doily Faith very pretty pink.. Do you have many patterns for the dolls ?? I have a couple plus of Princess Di .. If you would like to take a peek let me know .. Hugs pat :))

Charlotte Huffman said...

It's been a while since I have made a doll ensemble. Can't wait to see yours.

Michelle said...

I am glad I was able to get you this time. I have tried several times before to get to your blog and it has always told me your blog was removed. Glad to see you back.