Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Oh Bother & crochet

You know what this look is, if you been a frequent flyer here! I suppose you are as tired as I am of my flitting back and forth trying to re invent the wheel as it were. I've run complete circle with this blog thing. I needed a break, and then decided to come back, but didn't want to continue here. I tried to begin over again here on blogger, but was having difficulty finding myself and my voice, I had deleted this blog, renamed and tried to invent something new. And I find myself here again with the familiar, finding the same things which were here before that need fixin. I could have had it fixed instead of trying to re-invent myself. 
Thankfully blogger is forgiving, and I was able to find my blog which I renamed and reinstate myself. I'll fix the missing pictures and see what can be done.

So...I'm here and this is where you will find me, if you're one of 4 dolls who have caught up with me here and there, please just delete that other, this is my home and this is where I'm going to stay. This old run down blog 6 years old now. 

And some crochet news

I don't remember where I blogged about this...really?  But remember the long hooded cape crochet shawl I made last fall?  I entered it in the County Fair this year and won 1st premium and a ribbon again. What a hoot. You can find the link for the shawl here long hooded shawl cape
and I'm working on another project, a shawl, here is a snippet of the edging. I want to submit the shawl ( below )for pattern and see if I can get my project design in a subscription. Taking this slow, as there are alot of things which must be precise in the writing and documentation of the pattern.

4 comments:

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I wrote a comment...and I think I might have deleted it by mistake.
So here it is again.
as much as I can remember! Ha!
I sent you an email stating that I was coming to check out your new blog and imagine my surprise to find you still here.
I'm like you -- trying to reinvent the wheel, I want a bigger better faster wheel, but end up staying with what I have. Plain jane wheel. :)
I've toyed with the idea of moving blogs, and I did at first...way back when, then came back to Corn. I'll probably always be there.
Anyway, you need to tell us all about your experience with submitting your patterns to a publisher and how that goes for you.
I've created a couple of things with crochet and have never submitted...didn't know where to start.
Glad to see you've settled down in your comfy spot to Crochet by the Sea.
Pat

Patricia Lewis said...

Good morning Faith :)) great to be back by the sea.. one of my favourite places..
So pleased you are going to submit your pattern for the cape.... Let me know when because I would like to purchase it..:))
We are having cold nights and stunning days at the moment, the garden is screaming out for attention.. Daffies are glorious and the weeds are just as perfect lol.............
Have a great day Faith hugs Pat in tas :))

Charlotte Huffman said...

Glad you're back. I had problems remembering who was the owner of the new blog! Congratulations on the ribbon!

glor said...

Woo hooo sister ... your back and sporting a blue ribbon! Not surprised, your work is amazing. Be back to check up on ya ... blessings.