Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

With a wing & a prayer Crochet Angel

My Husband's cousin had twin girls in July and Sunday is the Christening. For their shower I crochet them each a blanket, not knowing their gender at the time, I chose that lovely minty green baby yarn, and a varigated with the blue,pink,yellow & same green. One was green with the varigated trim, and the other vice versa. I did'nt take any pictures of them.
So I decided I wanted to make Angels for their special day, and thought it a fitting gift. I had looked for several days for just the right pattern and didn't find one. So I fashioned up my own version.
This is one of them, I have not started the other one yet. And there are ends to be tidied up and what not and maybe some this or that. But I thought I'd share what I came up with.
Do you think it's ok? 
I've since adjusted the wings somewhat since I took the picture. The other one will look different because I've followed no pattern and didn't write this one down. It needs something somethin, maybe after I get all the loose strings tacked down, I have some lovely thin ribbon shiny, and angel color like.

5 comments:

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

That is just adorable.
...and a cute idea and keepsake.
:)

Michelle said...

The Angle is so cute. I have twin girls also. They are a lot of work as babies. But are also so much fun. The toddler stage was great. Just watching them play and giggles was the best way to spend the day.They were so cute.

Patricia Lewis said...

Twins how gorgeous... Double the pleasure:)) lovely thought making the babies a serperate gift to treasure :))
hugs pat in tas :))

Charlotte Huffman said...

I would have loved to see the twins blankets. I'm expecting a new grandbaby in a few days! Love the angel.

susanne said...

Babies are so much fun, before and after they are born. Fun because you get to help with preparing things they will need. I wish you would have taken a picture of the blankets. I'm sure you put a lot of love into making them. I think for not having a pattern that you did a pretty good job on your angel. I do the same thing, play around with the yarn, actually come up with something not so bad, but never wrote down one single instruction. Have a great weekend.
(((HUGS))) Susanne :)

Leaving the light on for you