Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, October 27, 2014

About the hearth this morning

Mornin!
 About in the hearth this day, making Cinnamon Rolls.  I have a tried and true recipe I've used for what seems like ever, but I was given some magazines and found this one, and because it is from the March 1950's Woman , all the better for me. You know I'll take the Vintage whenever I am able to choose. The orginal recipe calls for lard, margarine and dried milk powder, they updated it so that it uses real milk and butter. So it is the 50's version ramped up a wee bit. 
Being quiet here today, as the hubster is sleeping he started on nights with his job and our place is small. Figured some nice Cinnamon Rolls would be a nice treat. Although yesterday he did ask for cream puffs.  I've added a recipe page but the looks like my cinnamon roll will need to  be added, maybe I'll add the new I'm trying today. 15 minutes up time to mix the dough the yeast has worked it's magic.

 A heartwarmer !  I've probably made 4 or 5 of these little charmers.  It is a double sided potholder, but only for pretty please. You can find the pattern Here.

Well the laundry won't wash itself.
Embrace your day !

2 comments:

Vikki Hooks said...

Hi Faith..I can smell them all the way to my house..yummy!!

Michelle said...

I love cinnamon rolls. I need to make some for my husband. He would love that.