Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, October 11, 2014

My assignment....Consignment

Have you ever consigned a crochet item?  I never have but am considering do so. So many questions
of this novice. I have found a nice upscale boutique that I have inquired at.  The shop owner
explained that "we" would discuss the price options of my item, and they can modified over a time if necessary. She will add 40% to my price for her commission.

I would like to have my first consignment be this item.

 What do you think about $ 25-30 ?
To High or to Low?



   

4 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

Good luck! I've tried consignment with some of my doilies and only sold four out of twenty. :-(

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

This is called a 'caplet'... I can't remember...
It is so pretty. I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help. But these are my thoughts if you are interested...
1.) Is there a consignment fee? If your item doesn't sell?
2.) Is there a set time?
3.) Is this a reputable shop? (I only ask, because my aunt consigned with a shop to sell an Old Doll, she returned to inquire and the shop was closed up and gone, with no forwarding)
4.) Suggest another contact number, or home address, or references? After all, you'll be signing their contract, doesn't hurt to have a reciprocating contract. IMO
5.) DON'T UNDER SELL YOURSELF. if you think that $25- $30 is a fair price, then ask for it.
6.) I'm not sure how the shop is set up...but will your piece be prominently displayed...mixed in a lot of other like pieces...what do you get for the price of 40% ?

High or Low? You asked. I think it's fair.
Best of luck to you...let us know how it works for you?

Faith said...

These are very though provoking questions, and I will take this to heart. Never considered someone would close up shop never to be found again and with my stuff too. Thank you for the input, I appreciate your taking the time. Lots to think about

Patricia Lewis said...

Very pretty :-):-)