Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, November 28, 2014

On the hook...

Another Cloche Hat...( see previous post about the pattern ).I stopped by JoAnn's and found some chunky yarn as the pattern calls for. I couldn't find the exact cranberry color in solid yarn as I would have liked, but did find a nice varigated which does have a lovely cranberry mixed in, and I think it will do fine. The last time I made this hat I used 2 strands of Caron Simply Soft. Worked fine, but I wondered how much better it would work out if I used the the correct yarn for the pattern. It may make no noticeable difference, we'll see.
I bought Deborah Norville Serenity chunky weight yarn, the color Red Bayou.


 The camera didn't pick up the cranberry color, but it's pretty don't you think?


5 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

Good luck! Love the variegated colors!

Beansieleigh said...

Yes, BEAUTIFUL colors in that yarn, and I love the beautiful button on your crocheted flower too!.. Nice to stop by and visit you, if even just briefly this morning, my friend!.. My family and I will be celebrating our Thanksgiving today; and I will be seeing one of my sisters, whom I haven't seen in eight years, so I'm very excited about that! Hope your Thanksgiving was the best ever! ~Lucy

Vikki Hooks said...

Lovely colors..please post pics when finished and let us know if it does make a difference

Pammy Sue said...

Hiya, Faith! I have added your blog back to my sidebar. Looking forward to visiting more often! ♥ Pammy Sue

Patricia Lewis said...

Hello Faith , it has been a while since I last visited, so pleased to see that hook is flashing :)). very pretty flower and yarn .. Have a great day :))