Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, November 13, 2014

RIP IT RIP IT Doin the frog routine

Hello One & All!

There was a wee bit of frost on the punkin this morning, time for wooly boolies, hats, scarves
and mittens, in NE Ohio.
Courtesy of  Internet Photo




 We carved our pumpkins, and let the animals of wilderness have their snacks out of them, so I didn't get a picture of frost on their tops.
Oh the rippin and re rippin of the hat...oh bother. I know it is probably the yarn I'm using, but I would rather use what I have then buy more. So...since the pattern calls for bulky yarn, and a 6 hook, I'm going to try and double up the yarn I'm working with and see if it helps some. I'm using Caron simply soft which is ever so lovely for things about the face and neck, not scratchy but soft and comfy. This may just give the hat a little bit more structure, especially around the brim area where it needs to be a wee bit more sturdy.
Well chores do about, and I'd love to move the hook today, as yesterday I was not able to squeeze in any hook time. Such is life. But that was yesterday...

:)

2 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

Good luck with the crocheting!

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Ick!
I hate the Froggin' ... but, I'll let you get all the kinks worked out. Then I'll make one! ;) wink-wink.

Sorry, it hasn't worked so far, but you'll get it. I've been doing some sewing for the babies. I've not had the time yet to crochet a thing! Hmmmppphhh!