Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, November 10, 2014

Soup in the pot, and something on the hook

Beauty day to you all ! 
We are going to top out here at about 58 degrees today and 60 tomorrow, so the the soup in the pot on the stove is cooking low and slow. Later in the week we'll need our wooly booly's and it will be good soup weather, instead of today. So a pot roast is in the slow cooker,
 make up some gravy and we'll have that over homemade bread from the hearth for supper.

Let's see, on the hook front.  Finishing the afghan up I started for my son the Scout, trim is being added, I think it will be done by Christmas. I found a lovely pattern for a Crochet Cloche hat, similiar to Dowton Abbey hats, or as I like to call it Downtown Abbey.
  I love the color rather burgundyish, which is a color I am rather fond of, however  I have a few skeins of Bone colored Caron Simply soft which is just as lovely, and I'm trying with this yarn rather than what the pattern calls for.                               You can find the pattern here

 Isn't this a pretty hat, I really love that color !



6 comments:

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Oh your supper sounds like it was delicious! along with the bread...
Enjoy finishing up the big project afghan...the hat...looks adorable!
I'm going to check out the pattern!

Michelle said...

Love the hat. Next week starts our cool weather so I will be looking up soup recipes.

Charlotte Huffman said...

We're expecting cold weather here in the next couple of days also. Thanks for the hat link. Stay warm!

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I came back to say... I 'pinned' that hat pattern! it's so cute, I hope to make a couple from my girls!

Susan Dougill said...

Hi Sue from Crochet Addict UK. Love your blog and love the look. I have to say that I love that hat. Can't wait to see what yours looks like :-)

janice15 said...

I been wanting to make soup its been on my mind.. I love the hat.. been wanting to visit just haven't had a moment to visit only post.. with love Janice p.s. hoping all is well..

Leaving the light on for you