Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Catching up with Crochet

Tis a fine day for doing indoor kind of activities. The sky clear and bright, bitter cold, and so some fresh bread in the hearth this afternoon it has risen and is being transformed in the oven as we
visit. An excellent day to go through the stash to see what it is that I do have, and what can or might be done with it. Sorting and cleaning up in the basement, it's time for a huge trip to Goodwill when the warmer breezes prevail, for sorting and  considering is being done.
 
I've went through all the yarn that I have, and what was not rolled into a ball is now joined with the other spheres in my wicker laundry basket. I have decided that for now this is a good home for all the colors in my crochet  cache. I think I might have the makings for a few poncho's in there, some interesting color combinations. My old friend the thread has been separated out and is in a container all it's own.
 
Here is a picture of the yarn I'm making the next poncho with in another lovely basket my MIL gave to me just for this purpose.
 
The variegated is Red Heart Super Saver Mirage
Red Heart Supvorer Savor off white
Caron Simply Soft Heather ( gray )
Caron Simply Soft ( blue ) misplaced the label 
 
 

4 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

That is wonderful that you organized all of your yarn and perfect for doing on a cold day!

Charlotte Huffman said...

I need a new project so I guess I'll be doing an inventory of my stash too. Stay warm!

Faith said...

I didn't have as much as thought, but will still be able to begin another poncho, and pair it up. I love looking and shopping for yarn. Even if it is window shopping ( sometimes ) but more often I'll come home with some.

annamaria magda said...

Good organization is a foot of work, greetings from Warsaw, I should do the same, bye