Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Moving the hook & a lovely surprise of the Crochet kind

Hello All,
 
The hook is moving, and would you believe I have two things running at the same time?  I started another poncho, and am also working up a pillow cover for travel pillow for my youngest for Scouts.
One is worked during the day, and the other at night. The pillow cover is black and aqua from the stash bin, I have more black and so I'm working it up with that during the day. He chose the colors, and I'm happy to eliminate some yarn, so I can buy more. Do I have issues?
The poncho #2 coming along also, I'm on the cowl part for now, and I'm using the colors I showed you in the previous post, some of it is stash.
 
A very nice lady named Lisa who I worked with only a brief time over the summer and into the fall, because she is seasonal became friends, and we talked of Crochet. She had told me that she started a fews years back to crochet squares of ivory/burgundy, with a flower in the middle. I told her that sounded lovely, and that I too was a hook mover. She never finished the project, and in fact it sat packed away in a box somewhere because she moved several times, but knew that she had it, and so she decided to give it a new home. Mine! She phoned on Friday and said that she had found it, and wanted to give it to me, she was happy it found a home, knew that I would take care of it.
I don't know which of us was happier.
 
Turned out there are 32 of these lovely squares, more than 1/2 are completed with the trim, but wait there's more, she included all the yarn all still in their original wrappings. The colors are perfect for me, and would have been something I would have chosen. Ivory/Burgundy.
 
  What I think I will do, is make a pillow for her using some of the squares, she likes flowers, maybe a real pretty back to the pillow and the squares on the front. Musing this over as I am sure there are other possibilities.
 
I have not yet been able to photograph the bounty, but it will be forthcoming.
 
Stay tuned.
 

 
picking up my items from the consignment shop, didn't sell anything. :(
Of course my very first clue SHOULD HAVE BEEN, when shop owner placed my lovely capelets on a shelf, and didn't bother to place them out on stands. All folded up and stacked on each other.
Really? I re arranged them a bit before I left more to suit me,
 I  guess I was not surprised,
 
 I thought maybe somebody would have spotted them, well live and learn. I won't say I won't do any more consignments, this was supposed to be a high end shop, in a nice neighborhood, she sells expensive yarn, has a website and facebook, there wasn't any promotion of crochet items on her facebook page, just jewelry. 
I have another venue I am going to try to get my items out there, come summer.

3 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

What a great friend! Can't wait to see what you do with all of those flowers and squares. Sorry to hear about your consignment experience. I had a similar one with some of my doilies. Wouldn't you love to have your own shop? I would. Keep hookin'!

annamaria magda said...

Wonderful flowers, they lodk sd cute,greetings from warsaw

Vikki Hooks said...

I have never tried consignments. I looked into it, but decided they wanted to much of a percentage. Around here 20-25%..and that is way too much of my work to give away..OH how I would love to have my own shop..maybe someday