Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Inside & Out garden time has begun

That's what it says, one thing for sure spring is coming in very slowly. It's ok with me as the trees and flowering shrubs are not all blooming at one time, so you get to see the beauty of each tree as it blossoms out, and really see it's beauty. The Magnolias are blooming now, as are the Forsythia's.
We've done some yardwork, I planted Rhubarb, and turned over the square foot, moved my Lavender to the wagon wheel. I found a pussy willow bush at the nursery, we may plant it today, they make lovely arrangements and are so simple and lovely.
 Pussy willow catkins (image) are symbolic of spring. They're in the Salix genus. - David Beaulieu
On the Inside, the Rosemary and Lemon Verbena wait their turn looking for sunshine and warmth, they won't find either today, but their turn will come.  I ordered a scented Geranium, it arrived rather wilted, but by the end of the day with a little water and some light it is good as new. The scent is Lemon Rose it is a lovely scented. They sell this at some places around here, but they won't be in for a while. I found at a nursery online and received it in 2 days for the same price as I would pay for it around here. Hot Peppers have begun to sprout in the yogurt cups, and the wildflower seeds I started have been brought in for the time being, we had snow on Thursday.
I saw some Queen Anne's Lace seeds somewhere recently where we were but cannot remember where. So while looking online I found something just as lovely and ordered the seeds they are in route.
... blue lace flower island daisy trachymene graines, livraison gratuite 

Island Daisy, ( blue lace flower )
Pretty isn't it, reminds me of Queen Annes Lace, which grows by the waysides around my state, maybe I can get some seed from them .
I'm finding spring indoors watching my little seedlings reach for the light, it is my favorite time of year, along with Fall.  A time filled with hope, renewal, and the beauty found in nature.
On the Crochet front...it is a slow go. I'm trying to make that Barbie Doll Ensemble I ordered a long time ago. Restarted it many times. I've been working with thread and big hooks, and my hands have to get used to the small hook and thread.
Promenade Ensemble Fashion Doll Crochet Pattern Annies Attic 871419.

3 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

I love spring but this weather is crazy! Cold and rainy this morning! Good luck with your crochet. I've been using yarn for quite a while too.

annamaria magda said...

It ' s true, weather in every part of Europe is very changable, beautiful pictures, i hope you do wonderful crochet doll, greetings from Warsaw, ann

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

You have the wagon wheel garden bed? I have always wanted one like that. Your mix sounds great. I am waiting until May 1 since we have a slight chance of frost up to then, even though it is supposed to be April 15. I love the blue flower.