Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Simple Joys

It is turning out to be a lovely day here, the temperatures are cooler and more comfortable, I'm not a heat/humidity person.  I've got a pie crust in the wait, and I'm watching my favorite TV show
Daniel Boone, I've seen all the episodes I think, and I never tire.
 
I'm going to try my hand at Sweet Potatoe Pie, I'm getting better at the pie shells practice does make perfect. I found the recipe here . My husband said he one once and he liked it, I've never had the pleasure.  Sweet Potoates are so good for you too.
 
 I purchased a cast iron pie pan when we went to Amish last weekend, an this is the first pie I'll be making, I made hot rolls over the weekend and was pleased at how they turned out, nice even browning.  
 
I thank you all who commented on the recent post.  Keeping the chin up an having Faith the Lord will provide no matter what happens.  I appreciate each an every one of your comments an your prayers too!
 
Potato Pie
Picture off the website.

4 comments:

annamaria magda said...

I ' m with you, sometimes Lord gives us obstacles, differebt troubles to see how we overcome them, don ' t worry, your Angel is close to you, greetings from Warsaw, anna

Patricia Lewis said...

So pleased it is a fine day.. I cant say I have had sweet potato pie.love them baked. Try to grow them but no luck last season. Cold and a little rain today . Blessings Faith. ♥♥

Faith said...

Thank you! :)

Sandy said...

Missing your blog visits. Cast iron pie pan, never knew that existed. Then again, I am not a baker.

Sandy's Space

Leaving the light on for you