Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Doing a little crafting and eating fresh corn :)

No, not necessarily at the same time though. :)
 
I mentioned a few posts back about making a fabric wreath. I finally got it finished. I am not a real sewer on the machine or otherwise, and you may even say that I Sew Challenged to a degree. As I always do, I change the pattern up a bit, and did so with this one, I feel it makes it unique to me. Do you do that when you make something?












 
My sweet little singer sewing machine, belonged to my mom. This I has moved around with me from pillar to post
circa 1955, someday I'd like to put it in a sewing cabinet, and into a craft room up all the time for when I need it.  I bust it out of it's case about once a year.  
 
 I'm getting a hankerin to crochet something, the pain in my wrist did not subside when I stopped  for a while, so if I'm going to hurt I might as well be doing something lovely.  Thinking about crocheting a wreath maybe for the front door, something for the fall, Love the Fall :)
 
We went to the farm market today, and purchased bi color sweet corn. This family has been in business since my husband and I were small and went there with our families. It is so good, and it is such a simple pleasure we look forward to each year. I found a recipe to soak it a bit, and then cook it out on the grill, never tried it before.  I've eaten it that way, but never cooked it that way.
 
I still have not decided about the blog, whether I want to move everything, begin anew, or just change the name here.
 
The name of my blog will be changed to Charmed by the Simple,  I have changed it here on my current blog, but not sure which direction I am headed.  

1 comment:

Charlotte Huffman said...

Crochet and corn, two of my favorite things! Love fresh corn! Have you tried the microwave method of cooking on the cob? Hope your wrist feels better.

Leaving the light on for you