Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, July 13, 2015

Over the Fencepost chit chat

Visiting with you this morning over the fencepost.  It's been a while since we've talked this way, and it will be nice to catch up.  I'm a big believer that rain water is the best and most nutritious way for my little garden to be hydrated. However, we have had so much rain, that my little garden is not thriving, but the weeds are just hardy and growing just fine thank you. I have " a few " flowers on my tomatoe plants, we have just 2 plants. My Rosemary has not grown at all, the Lavender no flowers, where are the pepper, basil and chamomile planted from seed. They never sprouted.

There will be some changes here at CBTS, actually I am considering beginning a new blog. I'm not sure if I want to transfer everything from here to there or start a new.  I am leaning toward starting a new, a fresh new start. I have found there is a FB page with the title of this blog, which I am in no way affiliated with, and I feel like I've lost my special space.  So, perhaps it's time for a change, everything else is changing.Change is good.

Well, as you know my husband lost his job of 21 years 5 years ago, it was a manufacturing job, yes we "used" to do that here in the good old USA. Anyway, since that time we've been pounding the pavement looking for a job, of course in a different field because there are not really any manufacturing jobs anymore, and he has been bouncing around in jobs which are seasonal, they are for a specific period of time, with no health benefits etc. For those 5 years I was the worker with the "regular" job albeit part time, until I lost my job 2 months ago.

While we have not lived the life of Riley, the Good Lord has kept  our boat upright, and is getting us through the storm. DH applied for a job back in April, was quickly called for an interview. We never heard from them again and figured that it was a Thank you, but we didn't pick you. no letter nothing.

The other night he was going through his emails, and found and almost deleted the email because he didn't recognize the sender that he was being made a tentative offer for this position. He goes next week for the physical. We are not through the woods yet, but I think I see a clearing, a pinpoint of light at the end of the darkness.
This time, we came extremely close to loosing our home, and I resigned myself to the fact that if that is what GOD chose for us, then he would see us through that too.  I really did let go and let GOD. There are many references in the bible, that GOD will never leave us or forsake us.

I am thankful to the Good Lord, for sustaining us, keeping a roof over our heads, keeping food on our table, and for be patient with us when we were not so patient with him.

So that's it for today my dears..For those of you who did say a prayer for us, thank you. The aroma of coffee tells me it's done perkin, it's time for a cuppa. I'll catch you next time over the fence post.

till then
Faith

3 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

Glad to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your "job woes" and hope everything works out for your family. I know how your hubby feels cause after almost 29 years at a manufacturing plant, my job was eliminated. Thankfully, I was able to draw disability. Good luck with your job endeavors. Let us know where your new blog will be cause I will follow.
P.S. Send some of that rain to SC!

Georgene G. said...

Your circumstances sound so much like our lives the past 5 plus years. It's so wonderful and comforting to know that God truly is our provider and we can trust Him to take care of us. What an encouraging post.

Faith said...

Thank you for stopping in, and as always I appreciate you taking the time.