Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Fall Simple Joys

I love the fall, with it's harvest of Apples and Pumpkins.  Our local Apple Orchard is getting their crops in and we stopped out and I bought  a peck of apples to can.  Peeling apples for a pie is not my favorite thing to do, I want to make the pie crust and put in the apples with no fuss. So, we bought enough apples for me to can, I got 5 quarts out of the peck, the apples were on the small side, but now I'll have apple pie filling fresh from the orchard when winter and early spring arrive. Five possible apple pies.
 
The orchard also has it's own Ice Cream Shoppe, where they make their own ice cream and so it was an extra lovely trip, as we always stop for scream.
 
I found this cute little shelf there, only $12.00, love hearts



There has been a lovely change in the air the last few days, so fall like, cool and with a gentle rain.  It energizes me and the hearth calls for soups, casseroles and baked goods to warm the air with aromas of comfort food and bakery.The pumkins are out, I would love to have a  pumpkin farm, I find them so adorable and lively colored laying the fields, such a simple pleasure.


 

4 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I love Fall too! That canned apple will sure come in handy. I've never canned apple pie filling

Faith said...

It isn't hard to make the canned apple pie filling, the most tedious part is peeling, we made it a family affair.

Michelle said...

Our weather is starting to cool down this week. Next week it suppose to heat up again ,so I am cooking soup for dinner . I miss my ham and bean soup!

Vikki Hooks said...

Hi Faith...I was just thinking about that cape thing you made this morning..and lo and behold I saw that you posted..I hope all is well in your world..Have a wonderful day