Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, October 26, 2015

Chit chat over the fencepost

The very large tree in the backyard, filled with glorious color, and would you look at the back drop of the sky, GOD's colors, from his Crayola box. I snapped this picture this morning, it seems that the leaves have reached their peaks in the last few days with the onset of the cooler weather. It is so gorgeous outside today, you can hear the crunching of the leaves below your feet, and hear them as they bristle again one another up in the trees, and there is that certain scent of Autumn which is lingering about. Enjoying this. For soon another season which brings its own beauty will be upon us, and Mother Nature takes a rest.
 
 
Other colors of a different kind, this is a snapshot of the fabric I purchased while we were in Amish County. I like the hodge podgy look of it, and how they all work together. I'm not a profound sewer by any stretch, and I'm sure there are some of you who could whip this up into something. I'm going simple, maybe a wreath for the front door. I don't know got to thing about it, but I had to have it for I've not seen anything like it in the fabric store near home.
 
That's it for today, I do have something on the hook, trying to make a hair snood.  We'll see how that goes.
 
 
Enjoy your day :)

2 comments:

Olga Poltava said...

What a beautiful tree! Here in California the weather is still very warm, and there aren't many changes in the landscapes.
Have a nice day!

Faith said...

I do thank you for stopping over and leaving a comment. Soon, you will still have fairly warm temperatures in California, and we on the other hand, this beautiful tree will be storing up energy for next spring and will be bare, and the cold winds and snow will come.