Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Fall Wrap up Crochet Style

As in the Springtime, the temperatures can be somewhat variable from day to day, Fall weather like Spring  are my favorites. While it can be cool like yesterday in the early morning hours, this  poncho I crocheted does the trick.  Just enough to take the chill off, but it allows me to also enjoy the coolness of the air without being cold.  It flows nicely and is not bulky, perfect for this time of year. I have another one in blues, which I need to finish up. Every time I wear this out, somebody stops and asks about it. 
 
 
A stop in Amish country yesterday, a day out in the country well, not so much. There was so much traffic and congestion people everywhere, we found that we enjoyed the ride out and back home more than the destination itself.  I wanted to get a cornstalk for the front steps, you would think with all the corn, fields and fields of it, there might be some for purchase, didn't find a one. 
The leaves on the trees are beautiful vibrant shades of orange, reds, and yellows, even saw a few half n half trees, green on one side and a beautiful fall shade on the other.
 
Enjoy your day...

4 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

Our weather is so wishy-washy, I never get a chance to wear my poncho. Hope your family is doing well.

Pammy Sue said...

I still have one of these I need to finish up too in greens and browns. I love the one I made in blues. Can't wait to wear mine when it gets cold enough and I venture out.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

That is just beautiful. I love the colors and the pattern.

JES said...

So very pretty but practical! Thank you for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays this week! :)