Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Flappin in the beautiful fall breeze

 
 
Taking in the sights, sounds and smells of this fall day.

 
 
Oh it is truly a beautiful day here in NE Ohio,
the sky is a shade of blue which only seems to be in the season of Autumn, maybe because it is the background for all the colors surprisingly on the trees. The air crisp, and breezy so I've got the notion to fling open the windows, let the fresh in in, and clean up the house a bit dusting and such.
What a wonderful it is  to use the clothesline, it's simple no frills, just crochet things from around the house which could use a freshen up, a day flappin won't hurt them.
 
 Love that flappin :)
 
 
For a while, I was into the ripple ghan, I think I made about 5, they are fun to make and not hard at all once you get passed the first 2 rows. Counting is involved at first, once that is set the pattern goes by itself.
 
I love to hang things on line when the breeze is blowing, a simple joy. There are many in life and they are the best this is just one of them. Years ago I made this little dress  clothespin bag. My mother in law recently gave me the clothes pin she had for 40+ years, what a treat in my little clothes pin bag. Loving all things vintage.


I didn't have a pattern for it, and fashioned one up, my husband helped me with the measurements, I'm just not good at that  sort of thing, and we came up with a little template, and sewed the pieces together. She is a favorite of mine. I love the little dresses, I have a few (ahem) crochet
t ones, one year I went crazy making them. They are fun and quick to make up.
Do you do that too, make things in multiples in a crochet frenzie?
 
 
 
Well, I'm going to wrap this up for today, homemade pizza for dinner, it is also quick, and is a workable meal for when my family has different schedules like today. The morning wanes on, and soon I'll be out of energy, I get so tired by the evening supper. I'm glad to call it a day
and move the hook, or read a book.

3 comments:

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I'm on board with all these things! Hanging laundry flappin in the wind!
I envy you with your MIL clothes pins. I wanted my MIL clothes pin, I'm sure they were tossed when the kids went to clean out the house.
The pin bag is cute... I bought a old child's dress from a thrift shop and sewed up the bottom and use it for my pins.
Your afghans look pretty on the line.
I did laundry this week between rain last weekend and today... I knew I had a small window of time to get it all hung out to dry. I also hung some lap blankets on the line just to air them!
have a great weekend.

Parlor Room Ponderings said...

I do the same thing with my blankets when it's nice out. Love the smell of the fresh air. I used to crochet years ago. I made many blankets and baby blankets and then I discovered cross-stitch and crochet went by the wayside. I have thought of picking it back up again, or knitting. We'll see. I have too many things I want to do, that's the problem! Thank you for your visit and comment on my blog. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Diane

sunn-nyyy said...

Lovely post.

http://beaudaily.blogspot.co.uk/